!!best Performance Mods V6!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb !!best Performance Mods V6!!!

Now don't get made at me if i'm wrong, dont curse at me and don't say i'm an idiot, only my girlfriend can say that! BUT, after a ton of research and hunting, I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE BEST MODS FOR THE V6!!!!!

- START WITH THE INTAKE AND CHIP ( Superchip & Air Force One Combo for 1997-2003 Ford F-150) = $450

- ELECTRIC FANS (Troyer Performance Dual 16" Electric Fan Kit for 1997-2003 Ford F-series) = $355

- PLUGS & WIRES (Ignition Upgrade Package for 1997-2003 Ford F-150 w/4.2 V6) = $110

- HEADERS (JBA Headers for 1997-2003 Ford F-150 w/V6) = $529

- CATS & exhaust (Magnaflow 2.50" IN/OUT High Flow Catalytic
Converter - Oval and what ever exhaust u like) = cat=$80 plus exhaust

- PULLEY (Underdrive Pulley for 1999-2000 Ford F-150 w/4.2 V6) = $179

IF YOU HAVE $$ to spend I recommend this, IM DOING IT NEXT MONTH! Your talking over $2,000 and if you can't install any of it your self you'll be spending a ton more!

BUT I WAS WONDERING, DOES ANY ONE LIKE THE "MAC" INTAKE SYSTEM?? IT LOOKS COOL AND ITS ONLY $140 with GREAT REVIEWS? look --->

http://onestoptruckshop.com/ONLineOr.../MACIntake.htm

****ILL POST THIS TOTAL INSTALL OF EVERTHING STEP BY STEP WITH PICS TOO =)

COMMENTS PLEASE BEFORE I DO ALL THIS, GOOD IDEA, BAD IDEA??

Old 05-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Thumbs up

sounds great if you've got the money... i guess you'll probably get crap about "with that money you could've"...mainly bought a V8 but if you were on ebay you could've almost bought a 5.4L SC (but then you'd need new tranny/computer/wiring harness). but i like my V6 and will continue to mod til it dies...

Old 05-07-2004, 09:44 PM
I disagree. For $1,500 in parts you can bolt on 50hp with internal engine mods with. Clearly and effectively blows bolt ons out of the water.

Your prices seem to be off as well.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:18 AM
i got the mac intake i like it and it does look alttle better then the others IMO. for the price i would say its got to be atleast equal to those $250 kits. they use the regular style hose clamps though. i dont know if the others are including more of the turbo diesel style hose clamps or not.

Old 05-08-2004, 02:49 AM
MAC would be the way to go.

Also, as said before there are a lot of "cheaper" mods that you can do to your engine to increase HP. You just have to know what your doing.

See if you can hunt down talleywacker...hes the guy to talk to about the 4.2s.

Old 05-08-2004, 10:25 AM
you'll only find talley on the "other site" i think he got the boot from here

Old 05-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Hazard269
MAC would be the way to go.

Also, as said before there are a lot of "cheaper" mods that you can do to your engine to increase HP. You just have to know what your doing.

See if you can hunt down talleywacker...hes the guy to talk to about the 4.2s.
Yea, but I think he may stop by from time to time.

Serisouly though he is THE GUY to talk to when it comes to the 4.2 IMO. I haven't really talked to him in a year +, but really he knows his stuff.

Bolt ons are the way to go if you want the "easy way." But if you have the time and knowledge then looks into some other "interal" engine mods. I think to get the most of your engine you should do both, but it just depends where you want to start. However, if you all ready up to 2 grand then you may just want to looking in to blowing it. Talk to crash about a supercharger. IMO if I was going to sink 2+ grand I would hold out for the supercharger and if I would probably do the intercooled one (I think its out for the 4.2 now). Do that and then you should be pretty good to go, but do much more then you may have to heavily mod the engine ( Can't remeber what the numbes were when you had to start doing some serisous mods, but its definately worth checking into).

Trending Topics

Old 05-09-2004, 12:13 AM
All the bolt ons and a head/cam swap and a proper tune will yield a 100rwhp gain in power. All for about a high estimate of $3,800.

same price of a bolt on blower and same power as a bolt on blower but you are naturally aspirated. Tough choice. Do both and have some 400rwhp!

Old 05-09-2004, 03:08 AM
I knew I could count on you guys! Your the best! Im trying to track whats his name "Tally" or what ever it is. Im gonna be a member on the ummm "other site" and see if hes there. Its a great V6 site. BUT I WOULD NEVER LEAVE MY BELOVED F150ONLINE!

Old 05-09-2004, 04:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If I had that kind of money to spend ide use it towards my 71 SS Nova project car or add to my collection of assault rifles!

Old 05-09-2004, 10:30 AM
FWIW, you can get a single e-fan such as a Flex-a-Lite
Black Magic for about 1/2 of what the Troyer fan kit sells for. I live in a very hot climate and the single fan is plenty for a V-6, IMO.

$355 is a lot of money for the few HP you are going to free up with an e-fan. Paid about $180 for my fan from Summit. Had it less than 24 hours after ordering.

As for the headers - $500+ is a lot of coin. Between the fans and headers you are talking almost $900 and I bet the chip does more for your overall performance/et's than fans and headers combined.

As an alternative to the pricey fan, headers and exhaust mods, I would certainly look into a cam change. Or suspension/tire upgrades. Or consider just saving some money towards a truck with a 5.4.

Old 05-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by dirt bike dave
FWIW, you can get a single e-fan such as a Flex-a-Lite
Black Magic for about 1/2 of what the Troyer fan kit sells for. I live in a very hot climate and the single fan is plenty for a V-6, IMO.

$355 is a lot of money for the few HP you are going to free up with an e-fan. Paid about $180 for my fan from Summit. Had it less than 24 hours after ordering.

As for the headers - $500+ is a lot of coin. Between the fans and headers you are talking almost $900 and I bet the chip does more for your overall performance/et's than fans and headers combined.

As an alternative to the pricey fan, headers and exhaust mods, I would certainly look into a cam change. Or suspension/tire upgrades. Or consider just saving some money towards a truck with a 5.4.
somewhat true yet still in the dirt.

dual universal 16" efans and controller + all wiring stuff needed = $175 max
best performing/sounding exhaust = $300 parts and labor includeds MIL elminators
MAC shorty equal length ceramic coated headers = $300
Cam swap with springs, gaskets pushrods - $700 in parts
Custom SCT chip $325
MAC intake - $160
ASP Pulley - $210 w/ belt
Teran Racing ported heads - $700 price w/ gaskets bolts etc everything

about 85 - 100rwhp gain for about $2,900 worth of parts.

Old 05-10-2004, 02:08 AM
From what I've read up on them, headers aren't going to be worth the money you put into them. For $529 I'd go for something that will give you more bang for your buck. As far as the intake goes, I'd definitely go with a MAC intake, from I've heard/seen/experienced, they look better, give you great performance for the price you pay, and give it a nice little grunt under the hood when you give it a little gas. If you skip the headers and go with MAC intake you can save near $700 if not more. Which IMO you could spend on something that will give you better results.

-Blake

Old 05-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by HTown Trucker

MAC shorty equal length ceramic coated headers = $300
Look again on the price of headers. MAC are the way to go.

Old 05-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Blake150
From what I've read up on them, headers aren't going to be worth the money you put into them. For $529 I'd go for something that will give you more bang for your buck. As far as the intake goes, I'd definitely go with a MAC intake, from I've heard/seen/experienced, they look better, give you great performance for the price you pay, and give it a nice little grunt under the hood when you give it a little gas. If you skip the headers and go with MAC intake you can save near $700 if not more. Which IMO you could spend on something that will give you better results.

-Blake
On a stock 4.2 I would agree, but after all the mods hes looking at doing the addition of the headers would help out.

Start with a blower/exhaust/chip then some heavy engine mods so you can spray. Screw 400 HP ...watch out 500. <---haha I wish.

Yes, after its all said and done you could have dropped a 5.4 in for about the same price, but the 6 would be faster at this point.

Quick Reply: !!best Performance Mods V6!!!