2003 F150 excab Price to low?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 F150 excab Price to low?

I am looking at purchasing a 2003 f150 from a local ford dealer. It has 47,000 miles on it and it appears to be in excellenct condition. It has the FX4 package, and the 4.6l. What gets me is the price that they are selling it for, $14,995!....It just seems to me that the price is too low, and even on their website they list the truck for around 20, but when I went to look at it they said it was 14,995. Should I be suspicious of the low price? It appears to be in great shape, but the price just seems too low and it is making me a little uneasy, but it is not like I am buying it from a mom and pop used car lot, it is one of the biggest ford dealers around.....

Old 10-30-2006, 07:15 AM
thats about the going price in Indiana run he codes and pick up a history report if your uneasy

Old 10-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Ask if you can buy an extended warranty from them with your percieved savings.

If they say 'As Is'....walk away.

Look for unworn "new' carpet and pristine seats, There are Katrina vehicles out there that have been moved to other states.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:06 PM
CARFAX it before buying to find out the truck history.

Well worth the $25.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:04 PM
be sure and ask if the truck has salvaged title. I have ran accross a couple in my area, NC & SC that were Great Looking Trucks, but I was worried about the price being too low and asked the seller if the trucks had salvaged title. one said no and the other said yes all my vehicles are salvaged titles.

I bought from the guy who told me , "No."

Once I received the title, it was salvaged. I was pissed, but he had to give me my money back.....State laws here, cause he lied to me. Sellers are suppose to let you know of this kinda info up front and if they don't then the deal can be completly void. Atleast thats how it works in SC & NC. Not sure about your area.

I would defintly get the vin number off the vehicle and pay for CarFax report myself, if I were in your shoes. Its well worth the money. You will see everywhere the vehicle has been registers and accidents it may have been in. If it was ever registered around Louisiana , or Mississippi, I would leave it alone. Prolly huricane damaged vehicle. They have been shipped to many other states to be sold.

Just my two cents - But I hope it helps ya bud

Old 11-21-2006, 11:44 PM
These trucks are not worth much at all when they are used... My $34,600 06' F-150 was worth $20k tops when it was six months old according to the dealer... I would check the history on the truck, but everything given.. the used car market sucks.. Good for the buyers, but horrible for anyone that is selling a newer used car. Good luck with the purchase, but DO NOT trust carfax to be accurate.. Get someone that knows vehicles EXTREMELY well to go with you..

Quick Reply: 2003 F150 excab Price to low?