37.44%
Barrett
17.81%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Truck of the Month - June 2012

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
there's no favoritism, so you're saying people cant vote for which truck they like?

Old 06-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No. I'm saying ignorance and deceipt in this instance is very transparent. I stand firm behind my patriotic beliefs and Christian values in regard to my previous comment. The display and acceptance of such a petty win-at-all-costs mentality abandons justice, honor and integrity for the sole purpose of self gain and cripples America and her core values – namely crippling ourselves as a nation from within.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Are you serious dude, have you lost your mind? When I voted I voted for the truck that I liked the most besides mine there was no vote for me and Ill vote for you I have never talked to the guy that owns the truck I voted for before I made my vote. If you could count there are 5 trucks that means somebody was going to get left out no matter what you think Im sure it wasn't a conspiracy against you. Now after I voted for the truck I liked if he voted for me then he thought it might be just common courtesy to return the favor or maybe he just liked my truck, not some rouse to keep you from getting a vote. This is an extremely sad display. Not only did you question the integrity of all the contestants and the contest but everyone on this site that has voted for the truck that they liked the most without any proof of your allegations whatsoever just your whining like the kid that didn't get picked in dodge ball.

Last edited by cherokee2871; 06-08-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by FX4NUTJOB
Well, where to begin? At first I was very excited about the honor of being nominated for June 2012 truck of the month. I tediously went over pictures to submit and even sent a second pic requesting that it replace the first pic I submitted. I responded what an honor it was to even be nominated. However, now that I see the accepted politics and gamesmanship involved in the TOTM process I am sickened. The rules for nominees clearly stipulated that one cannot vote for their own truck - yet I see behind a silent and accepted wink and a nod that everyone but me was in collusion with a "vote for me and I'll vote for you" agreement that is apparently okay with the moderator. Therefore, being the only honest nominee regarding the stated intent of this thread I was -1vote from the very get-go. In addition, the guidance I received as a nominee stipulated no self-promotion, yet the politicing in the first several comments to this thread leaves little to imagine regarding who the victor will be as even the moderator himself eventually voted in agreement. I suggest an impeachment of Bluejay and a restart of the June 2012 TOTM in some manner that precludes less favoritism and more transparency and honesty. What a shame that a select few have obtained such a status of carte blanche without question to ruin things on this website for everyone, much like Wall Street, Greece and Spain's leadership have driven honest hard working citizens into the ground. What an outrage, this is a travesty of justice! I sure don't have to win but I refuse to be sucker punched without putting up a good fight. I don't make the rules but I damn sure live by them. If anyone else is in agreemnet now is not the time for silence. Anyone else with a sack of ***** out there?

FX4NUTJOB
Just an fyi i dont know or have ever talked to any of the other contestants. therefore i decided to vote for the truck i feel is the best looking of the group. im sorry you feel that way and still wish you the best of luck in ths competition.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by cherokee2871
Are you serious dude, have you lost your mind? When I voted I voted for the truck that I liked the most besides mine there was no vote for me and Ill vote for you I have never talked to the guy that owns the truck I voted for before I made my vote. If you could count there are 5 trucks that means somebody was going to get left out no matter what you think Im sure it wasn't a conspiracy against you. Now after I voted for the truck I liked if he voted for me then he thought it might be just common courtesy to return the favor or maybe he just liked my truck, not some rouse to keep you from getting a vote. This is an extremely sad display. Not only did you question the integrity of all the contestants and the contest but everyone on this site that has voted for the truck that liked the most without any proof of you allegations whatsoever just your whining like the kid that didn't get picked in dodge ball.
x2 what a way to dampen the mood on somthing that is suppost to be fun and make the other members on this site feel like crap. couldnt of said it anybetter than you cherokee2871. I thank you very much for sticking up for us other contestants and members.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by cherokee2871
Are you serious dude, have you lost your mind? When I voted I voted for the truck that I liked the most besides mine there was no vote for me and Ill vote for you I have never talked to the guy that owns the truck I voted for before I made my vote. If you could count there are 5 trucks that means somebody was going to get left out no matter what you think Im sure it wasn't a conspiracy against you. Now after I voted for the truck I liked if he voted for me then he thought it might be just common courtesy to return the favor or maybe he just liked my truck, not some rouse to keep you from getting a vote. This is an extremely sad display.
Thank you Cherokee. Exactly my point - the 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' mentality so familaiar with the Wall Street crowd, the expected Greek exit from the Euro and Spain debacle. I am not claiming a conspiracy against me per se - I am claiming an improper moderator acceptance of practices in contradiction to the guidance we received as June 2012 TOTM nominees. How odd it is that each vote received from a June 2012 TOTM nominee by another June 2012 TOTM nominee was rewarded by a vote from that very same nominee, hence my verbage of "a wink and a nod" since none of this b.s. was challenged by the moderator. This is in addition to the other concerns I voiced regarding early postings of assurances of victory posted by 'other' voters that were apparently substantiated by a supportive vote from the frickin moderator himself. Unfrickinbelievable. This is not about me winning or losing. iI is about a fair and transparent process that follows established rules without the 'tiger blood', 'win at any cost' 'Charlie Sheen' mantra from the current leader of a flawed process. If you have any shame you will join me in my demand for a restart, dude.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Suspended
Sounds a lot like a lie -

-I really didn't vote for anyone else for the purpose of receiving a return vote. However, how fortunate I am to have received a vote from that very same individual.

hmmm... bad enough to do it -- yet alone deny it in writing. I call bull****!

Old 06-08-2012, 10:04 PM
You are a clown and do not belong in this competition your rant makes no sense at all and then you call me a liar after I told you exactly how and why I voted. In my humble opinion I think you should be removed from the competition and banned from the site.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Suspended
Of course you think I should be removed. What else could you possibly say to further defend yourself as coveted clown prince of June 2012 TOTM. What a joke. Amazing that there has been no comment from Bluejay, the moderator. If you had any ***** whatsoever you would demand the clarity I request. Rather, you choose to defend yourself with meaningless weak insults. I will remain silent from here out while humbly awaiting response from other forum members.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:38 PM
please do us all a favor and just ask to be removed from this totm if it is causing such problems for you fx4"nutjob"

Old 06-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Blue-02-2wd
please do us all a favor and just ask to be removed from this totm if it is causing such problems for you fx4"nutjob"
How convenient a request, and no surprise at all. I'll do you one better and ask that all June 2012 TOTM nominees that have breached the intent of the rules remove themselves. I anticipate the same response from you as America has received from the Wall Street thieves, e.g." the rules don't apply to me" because I'm special. Have you no shame? The proof is in your voting and in the initial responses to this thread and in the moderator's later vote supporting all of this b/s.for all to see, do you not know this as you continue your deceit? It is dicumented.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I hardly know where to begin. This is a first for the contest. There have been some whiners before when they didn't get the votes they expected and I remember one even asked to be removed. Normally, everyone considers it an honor just to be nominated.

I spend hours each month putting this contest together and frankly, it makes me mad that you think you can see favoritisim or any other reason that you think it is an unfair contest. To my knowledge, I have never spoken to any of the nominees, possibly the exception of cherokee, as he was a contestant previously with a different truck, before I sent out the June invites. You have in essence called me dishonest and I resent that. What you don't know is that I agonized for 2 days on my vote. I normally vote for a lowered truck if there is one in the contest as that is where my preferences lie, but this time, that little blue truck kept making me look again. I don't know why I waste the time trying to explain myself as I am sure it falls on deaf ears. Anyone that can see such twisted ideas in this little conteast certainly won't see what I am telling them.

As to the kid's comment on who he thought would win, he was just making a comment. I'm not even sure which truck he was talking about. I really wish you had sent me a PM and discussed this privately, rather than posting and ruining the fun for the others. Pretty ridiculous. One result of your silly comments, I will never vote again in the contest. Apparently you see something special in my choice. If you will look back, you will find that I have voted for the winner only one or two times in the 3 years of this contest. Again, I go for the lowered trucks and they usually don't win.

Last edited by Bluejay; 06-08-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:29 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Jim I think you meant Big blue truck

Old 06-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Jim I think you meant Big blue truck
Nope, OBS Scab equals little truck to me.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Voted, looks like we are going to end up with another tight one.

Quick Reply: Truck of the Month - June 2012