Clutch Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2001, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clutch Advice

I have a 91 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4. Last month, the clutch pedal began sticking until finally it would not come up at all. I took it to the Ford Dealership to be fixed. They replaced the master slave, resurfaced the clutch, replaced a line. I've had it home for 36 days and it began sticking again today. My husband works out of state and says to take it back...telling them to "fix it right and I ain't paying for it." I am hesitant to take it back because #1) they treated me like an idiot because I am a woman, #2) they told me one of my rear brake cylinders was leaking when I KNOW its not, #3) told me I had an oil leak when I don't, #4 would NOT give me all of my old parts saying they ALL had trade in costs...(excuse me...I KNOW all of them didn't). Get the picture? On one hand, they should fix it correctly since they failed to do so the first time, but on the other hand...they are the type that would charge me an un-godly amount of add-ons. Does anyone have any suggestions? My husband will be home for the weekend in 2 weeks and can look at it himself (if it lasts that long.)

Old 04-20-2001, 11:40 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

Definitelt ake it back, take a pocket tape recorder in with you and ask to speak directly to the service manager. Tape the conversation. I had a Toyota dealer pull the same crap on my wife. On her return trip she got nothing. I took the tape (upon my return) to the state Automotive Bureau of Repairs, filed a complaint. When the investigator heard the tape he nailed the dealer to the wall! You see, fraud is a crime, and they cannot punish you for documenting a criminal act! And even if they pushed the issue, the press would kill them and Ford. Yes it is nasty, but look who you are dealing with. If you have a "Male" friend who will go with you, even better.

------------------
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II

Quick Reply: Clutch Advice