transmission slip 1st-2nd

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation transmission slip 1st-2nd

I bought a used 99 150 4x4 with 37000 miles on it. Soon after the purchase, my tranny started to slip when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. It got so bad that I had to let off the gas to give it time to shift. The dealer agreed that I had a problem. I purchased the extended Ford warranty @ $1600 with a $100 deductable. They repaired the tranny, and showed me a bill of just under $1000. All I had to pay was the deductable. Now a year later, it is doing it again. I took it to the dealer, and they checked it out. They said that it was caused by a plugged fuel filter. I have 58k on it with the original filter. They downloaded an updated shift program to the truck. It does drive differently now, but the slip is still there. Just not as bad, and not all the time. I have until 85k miles before the warranty is up. What should I do about all this? I am tired of paying the $100 dollars, and they say nothing is wrong. Can I take it to an independant tranny shop and have them fix it, with Ford footing the bill? Any help would be great. JPH

Quick Reply: transmission slip 1st-2nd