Factory Tech

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Tech

gregg i have bought one of yoour valve bodies from sal about 3 months ago and i installed in my truck a few days ago and after i got the fluid circlulated good i tested it, and it shifted from 1st to 2nd slow like before and after afew more shifts it got better and then about on the 7th or 8th time and from there on when it shifts from 1st to 2nd it slips every time. The trans has only 4,200 miles on it, and it shifts good with the stock valve body, so what do you think. It is the ones with your name on it. thanks gary sons, my #is (843) 816-2504

Old 11-04-2002, 12:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What other mods do you have and how many miles?
Is possible that the intermediate plates are burned and you'll fel that a lot more with the valve body. Shoot me an address and I'll replace the valve body, just to be sure.

G

Old 11-04-2002, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Tech

gregg this is a new engine and tranny that i installed in a 97 supercab, i built the engine piece by piece right befor e there were any crate motors and the tranny was a new crate trans from ford. everything was built about and finished aabout 10 months ago. the engine heads are blue fitted to the block the they were ported and polished,vlave job including 3 angle cut, then had lower intake ported to match, after had crane make me a set of cams to the specs my machinist sent. then when installed i put on long tube headers with no cats, then broke in the engine about 2,000 miles. Then drove it for about 1,800 miles then called johnny and ordered 5lb pulley and his fast air box and from sal ordered 90 mm mass air,valve body,denso plugs,oil breather cap, and a chip for the mods, also a single throttle body form babolt. the 400 miles are on the mods then i installed the valve body like i said in the other post, only drove it about 4 to 5 miles on it. thanks for your support. gary sons I get my orders thur the ford dealership, please send it to Island Ford att: Jerry Nadeau
1230 fording island rd.
Bluffton, SC. 29910

Quick Reply: Factory Tech