5-speed Slave Cylinder Failure,CentreForce Clutch Info

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2000, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 5-speed Slave Cylinder Failure,CentreForce Clutch Info

Ok guys here we go, I have thought that I had problems with the synchros, but come to find out after taking it to the dealer that it is the Slave Cylinder which controls the clutch, Tech said that they have had lots of problems with this item and he replaces them all the time.

Well Extended warranty does not cover my problem, so Ford dealer worked with me and come to a price of about 79.00 an hour for 4.5 hours of work...........right at 360 just for labor then I buy the part, well after fighting out with the extended warranty for a week my clutch is now slipping a little, no more grap off the line just a lot of RPMS and no tires turning, I can normally smoke the tires 255.55.17 Nitto Extreme Performance Tires all the way thru
Third Gear.

Well I decided to go ahead with a new clutch, and I can't find one, so I contacted Centreforce, and the make a stage 1, but he explained to me that it would not be any more help except for that it would hold just a little better, well the are going to produce the Dual Stage the first Quarter of the year 2001, I am supposed to call him back in January, so just think with that clutch and a supercharger.........hmmmmmm................

Ok got side tracked, so I am going to go back with the OEM clutch for now, becuase I need one no matter what, well I called and asked to speak to the Tech, and well droped the hint that could he do it out of work, well he said yes, how much? 100$ and I buy Parts, not bad I thought so when, next Monday, this is Wednesday now so ,I asked where I needed to bring the truck to,he said Ford yes Ford he said they will let the Techs work on Ford Vehicles after hours if they buy the parts from the dealer at a discount of 20% go figure same work and I get alot cheaper cost I love it...........Now after I get this finished up I can work on converting my 98 to a 2000 lightning front end.........something keeps going wrong......... anyways ........ Just thought I would tell everybody that what my problem was and what was going on out there at those rip off dealers..........Loweredfordf150

------------------
1998 Ford F-150
4.2L V-6
other mods........

[This message has been edited by LoweredFord (edited 11-22-2000).]

Quick Reply: 5-speed Slave Cylinder Failure,CentreForce Clutch Info