wittom

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wittom

Did your truck come with the 4.6?? Mine has a 4.2.

Old 10-10-2002, 04:48 PM
Yes, my truck came with the 4.6. I believe that in '98 the STX was an appearance group offered on the XLT. I have seen them with the 4.2 and the 4.6 but not with the 5.4. They were offered in reg. cag and supercab, style side and flair side. I believe they were all short beds.

I don't know if STX stands for anything. I don't think so. Remember they had a ranger STX too. I think STX would be the same as a Sport.

If I read the info correctly, there is an STX for '03, that I think is a 4x4.

When I got mine there was the one I got and one nicer looking black flair side that was the 4.2/auto. I wanted the 4.6/5-speed, so I got the red one.

There are a bunch of STX's here. Take a look in the photo galleries. I think it's an awsome looking truck. I think you'll be quite happy with yours. It'll help when you figure out what's causing the clunk. If you want to soup it up a bit there is info on that here. Check out the computer chips section and the superchargers section. There are a ton af great folks who would be more than happy to pass on info and opinions.

Have fun!

Old 10-10-2002, 10:34 PM
Thanks

I plan on doing a lot of extra power stuff with my truck but dont know what to do first. I want to do as much as possible before I get the chip.

Quick Reply: wittom