In-Line Filter Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up In-Line Filter Kit

I hadn't seen this banner here before, so I clicked on it and they are claiming that they supply Ford with their in-line filter kit.

Ford Part # XC3Z-7B155-AA Transmission Fluid In-Line Filter Kit

I looked into it. The Ford in-line filter kit is $90.00 at the dealer

The same kit from Magnefine is $19.95

Ford recommends replacing the filter every 30,000 miles.

Old 10-02-2002, 12:11 PM
You can get them even cheaper at Makco Dist. http://www.bulkparts.com/

If you have a trans. cooler, this filter will prevent you having to replace the cooler in the event of a transmission failure. It keeps the cr*p out of the cooler.

Old 10-05-2002, 09:04 PM
That is a really neat concept.

I think rather than installing an inline that could clog over time (if not maintained), I would buy some high-power rare earth magnets and throw them in the bottom of the tranny and oil pans. Should accomplish the same thing and eliminate the possibility of starving something of fluid.

Old 10-06-2002, 08:50 PM
That might help with the metal particles, but magnets won't stop the non-metallic debris from lodging in the cooler. The Magnafine is a filter with magnets, so it supposedly stops most of both, but there are other inline filters that don't have magnets, i.e., PortaCool. As for the filter clogging up, change it everytime you change fluid. If it clogs, your tranny is trashed anyway.

Old 10-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That kit is great and is required on any tranny teardown or replacement, it lists at the dealer for $40, the $90 is a glitch in their software, if you need one let me know, I keep them in stock (provide one with every monster box). You need to install it AFTER the radiator, it protects the transmission from the radiator, if you want to keep the radiator clean, there is a kit for that availible from Summit Racing that goes before the radiator and uses a Ford FL-1A filter, it goes for about $30, it's a perma-cool unit. I have both.

G

Old 10-07-2002, 11:21 AM
We do recommend the installation of the filter ahead of the cooler on new vehicles, with less than 5000 miles and no indication of tranmission problems. This eliminates any cooler contamination in the event of transmission problems. Extensive fleet testing under very abusive conditions have not found flow to be an issue, whether installed ahead of or after the cooler.

Quick Reply: In-Line Filter Kit