Speedo Gear for 4.56

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2000, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Speedo Gear for 4.56

I have a 97 f-150 4x4 with the 5.4 engine. I changed the gear ratio to 4.56 and put on 35" tires. I saw a message around here that showed how to figure out how many teeth the speedo gear should have. To use the formula you needed to know what gear ratio you had to begin with. I think I had 3.55 but I dont really know.
If any of you have the same set up I do, what speedo gear did you use? Also, is it something that is easily installed or do I need to have it done at a shop. I appreciate your help.

Dustin

Old 03-31-2000, 06:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steeda autosports has vss gears for ford trucks. The sensor is located on the tail shaft of the transmission if you have one on your model. They have 4.10 and 4.56 gear. Good luck. Capt.

------------------
Capt. America..,
1998 F-150 XLTSC...2WD.. . 4.10LS rear...auto E40D... 5.4L...Flairside... Ground effects... Billet Pedals... Billet Grill... Billet Brake lite... Oval Mirror... Bed rails... Bug Deflector... Wood Grain Kit...Fog lites... TPS...Velocity tube... K&N... ss Ford tag.,.Tinted Windows... overhead/floor consoles... Mood lights...Blue bulbs... Alarm...Radar...Dashmat... Fire/Ice rear window tint ...conspicuity reflectors... cd changer...mobil 1... Painted rear Drums... Helwing Sway Bar... Dual Exhaust... Halogen Back-up bulbs... clear corner lens...
Tail lens covers... Leather...Floor Mats... Seat covers...Tow Pkge...
Side window Louvers... Painted Brake calipers... Custom Captian America Paint Job...TRIPLE LED brake lights...Rain guards... Painted throttle body cover...sliding rear window...Superchip...Custom Gas cap holder...2" leveling shackels...Fox tail key chain...Clear turn signal bulbs..

Quick Reply: Speedo Gear for 4.56