Cluncking Found

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2000, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Cluncking Found

Thanks for your suggestions on the cluncking noise. I found the problem!!!!! "It was the Trany mount". It has two bolts one of which was loose. The hardest part about this problem was simulating the clunck. What I did was turned the wheels to the left and a second person pushed and pulled (rocked vehicle) the tire. This simulated the clunck and I isolated the noise. Tightened the bolts and walla!! No more clunck. Thanks again for your help and suggestion everybody.
Rey

Old 03-10-2000, 01:52 AM
Question

Which clunking noise did you have? The "downshift and going over certain bumps" clunk? Is your truck a '99?

Old 03-11-2000, 12:22 AM
No, I have an '97 F-150 Lariet 4X4 8Cyl 4.6L. My original entry is under suspension 3-10-00 "More Cluncking Noise". The noise sounded so much like ball joints or drive shaft/cv joint that I was sure that was the problem. I finally figured out how to simulate the noise when I was at an angle going over a speed bump. The truck rocked and made the noise as I was going over the bump at about 30 Degree angle. If you can duplicate the noise with the engine off, without going over a bump and someone underneath the vehicle to isolate the noise, you will find the problem.
Rey

Quick Reply: Cluncking Found