Machine Flush of Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2000, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Machine Flush of Fluid

Had the fluid changed in my transmission yesterday. My dealer is really pushing the machine that "pulse" flushes the entire system without replacing the filter. I told them I would pay extra to have the pan dropped and filter changed along with the machine flush. To make a long story short; after crawling under the truck last night I saw that the pan had not been removed. However, they charged me for the filter and extra labor. I will be contacting them this morning.

I think there has been a previous thread on machine flushing and I don't want to start it up again, but I'd like to hear from the group on filter replacement with machine flush system.

------------------
'99 F-150 Lariat SC 5.4L 4X4,3:55 Limited
Slip,Capt.Chairs,Towing Pkg,K&N,SuperChip,Gibson Catback,Cab Filter,Penda Liner,RearSwayBar,AeroTecRunningBoards,
OxfordWhite/Black Lwr

Old 03-01-2000, 06:41 PM
Arrow

I'm not impressed with the machine flush. I like to drain the converter, drop the pan, and install a new filter.

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat, Flareside, Black, SC, FOxFO, 5.4L, 3.55, Garmin Street Pilot Color GPS

Old 03-02-2000, 10:20 AM
My dealer did both as I asked and in fact agreed and ussualy does a flush and filter change when he uses the "flush machine". I paid for the flush plus a filter. I don't like the idea of trying to flush out a regular fiber type filter either. I don.t believe they are constructed to handle the reverse pressure and the solvent they use but maybe so? However my Wifes Pathfinder has no Tranny filter at all. Just a screen. So flushing does it for that one.

Old 03-02-2000, 11:55 PM
The tranny flush machine we use at my dealerhsip actually flushes trans fluid through the system instead of a detergent like many of the engine flush machines use. We run the BG trans flush solution through it. I wouldnt say its a replacement for a traditional transmission service (filter and pan gasket) but many people like the idea of not opening up something if it isnt leaking. One of the biggest causes of transmission problems in older vehicles is fluid that is just worn out. Trans fluid has several additives in it that wear out over time and sometimes just putting in fresh fluid will cure minor shifting problems.

------------------
Struck by Lightning

Quick Reply: Machine Flush of Fluid