? for anyone w/ B&M electronic shift

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2000, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ? for anyone w/ B&M electronic shift

I just installed mine over the weekend and was wondering where the best place is to mount the unit so no more heat is generated near that little black box that gets so damn hot!!! Mine is working great, a big improvment over stock, but man that little relay box gets HOT!! Let me know what you guys think.

------------------
TRUCK: 1998 F-150 S/c, ORP, Lariat, 4.6L V8, auto, Dark toredor red/silver, 60/40 bench, Grey leather
MODS: diamond plated UWS tool box with rails, bedliner, bedmat, custom "true dual" exhaust, heavy duty tow package, tinted front glass, bug shield, husky floor liners for front and rear

Old 02-16-2000, 02:20 PM
KILL MY TRANSMISSION? it had better not kill my tranny!! I don't see how this little modification could have such serious consequences, but I am no mechanic. I haven't heard of anyone who was disatisfied with it, but there's always a first I guess. By the way, do you have this on your truck, or do you just know someone who does? Thanks

------------------
TRUCK: 1998 F-150 S/c, ORP, Lariat, 4.6L V8, auto, Dark toredor red/silver, 60/40 bench, Grey leather
MODS: diamond plated UWS tool box with rails, bedliner, bedmat, custom "true dual" exhaust, heavy duty tow package, tinted front glass, bug shield, husky floor liners for front and rear

Old 02-16-2000, 10:12 PM
ORP- my friend with the Expy has his mounted high up, on the passenger side fender wall - behind but close to the battery and in front of the computer harness. He says he has checked his and it doesn't run hot. He was wondering if maybe there is more than one way to hook it up, because running real hot didn't sound right to him. You may want to check with B&M and see if it is supposed to get that hot.

Old 02-16-2000, 11:17 PM
Dave,
I have mine hooked up the same way as your friend does, but my concern is where to actually mount the part that the switch is on. There is a small black box just down from the switch that gets real hot, and I am wondering if any tranny problems could result from the mod. How long has you friend had it on his expedition? thanks alot for your help.

------------------

Old 02-17-2000, 12:08 AM
Be very careful where you put it.
I have heard of some that got so hot the insulation melted off the wires and shorted to the chassis and burned up some solenoids in the transmission. I think this is some sort of amplifier that boosts the voltages to the solenoids to raise pressures.

Hope it doesn't kill your transmission.
If you don't have a cooler on it, get one.

Birdman

Quick Reply: ? for anyone w/ B&M electronic shift