My Trans shutter, turned into no OD shifting??

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2000, 09:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy My Trans shutter, turned into no OD shifting??

Well back in October took the truck in for a shutter problem at low speeds, kind of inbetween coast and nudging the gas... Anyway, now the tranny will not shift into over-drive under 50 mph, when it's cold, or warm. Once in a while it will shift, when really warmed up, usually after highway driving.
The dealer flushed and filled the trans, but oops, they filled the thing about an inch past the hatched marking on the dipstick. I drained it, after two oil changes, since I assumed the dealer filled it correctly. Won't do that again, anyway, would overfilling the trans screw up the vavebody?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Rob

------------------
1997 F150 XLT Ext. Cab, Green, 4.6 v8, 4x4, A/EOD, 3.55, K&N w/Low-Buck Airbox Modification, Splitfire Triple Platinum Plugs, Bedliner, 265/75/16 Dunlop Radial Rover RV's.

Old 02-11-2000, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A slight overfill is not detrimental.
The problem you are having could be a bad shift solenoid or the transmission range sensor on the side.
Have it checked before it burns something up

Birdman

Old 02-11-2000, 02:51 PM
Thanks Birdman,
I'm planning on taking it in as soon as they get my radio back... Yeah they only over-filled it by a half of quart or so... Thanks again for your info.
Rob

Old 02-11-2000, 02:52 PM
Thanks Birdman,
I'm planning on taking it in as soon as they get my radio back... Yeah they only over-filled it by a half of quart or so... Thanks again for your info.
Rob

------------------
1997 F150 XLT Ext. Cab, Green, 4.6 v8, 4x4, A/EOD, 3.55, K&N w/Low-Buck Airbox Modification, Splitfire Triple Platinum Plugs, Bedliner, 265/75/16 Dunlop Radial Rover RV's.

Quick Reply: My Trans shutter, turned into no OD shifting??