B&M ShiftPlus Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-1999, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question B&M ShiftPlus Kit

Anybody try the B&M ShiftPlus Kit? How difficult is it to install? Seems reasonally priced @ $40.00!

I have been watching the SuperChip postings with some interest, and have to agree that I don't want to give up the option of using a lower grade fuel in my truck, if I have to. This kit sounds like it just adjusts shift firmness.

Also, I do I identify which transmission I have in my truck? I'm guessing it the E40D, but would like to be sure before buying a product that won't work!

------------------
Paul... :-)
99 F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, CC
White, 4X2, Tow Package, CD, K&N Filter
More to come

Old 10-24-1999, 09:34 PM
Location: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
Talking

The difference in the trannys is the length of the Pan,one is 15`` in length.Which is which I`ll have to check & get back with you.

------------------
RED/SILVER LARIAT SC. FLARESIDE 4X4 ORP,TOW PACK.,A.R.E http://hometown.aol.com/terrylariat1...page/auto.html FG.BEDCOVER,3.55LS,4.6L,AUTO,SPLITFIRE PLATINUM 3 SPARKPLUGS,K&NAIRFILTER/MOD. FACTORY AIRBOX,DUEL EX./20IN.CHROME TIPS,AVS WINDOW SHADES, DOOR SILLS &TAILLITE SLOTS,GTS CABRON FIBER HEADLITE COVERS,FORD 2 PIECE BRA, TINTED WINDONS, PENDALINDER TAILGATE INNER COVER, FORD TOTAL SECURITY SYSTEM/MOTION ALARM,FOGLITE ON WITH BRITES ON,FORD #1TRUCK UNDER GLASS ON FRONT LIC. PLATE,A/TS GOODYEAR TIRES,PERM.+FICTION DISC BRAKE PADS,OWENS FG. STEP BOARDS,55WATT BACKUP LITES, PILOT 55WATT ADD ON BACK UP LITES

Old 10-26-1999, 12:04 AM
Lightbulb

Hey Paul...If you are looking for a B&M Shifplus....I have one that I used on a 1997 Cougar...It does work quite well and the nice thing about it is you can turn on and off....If you are looking into buying one I will sell you mine for $20 plus shipping....Let me know!!
john

Old 10-26-1999, 05:45 PM
Location: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
Hey I found out the infor you need. The 4R70W is just under 15 inches long. And the E4OD is about 20 inches in length.I hope this will help you! Your friend..LARIAT1

------------------
RED/SILVER LARIAT SC. FLARESIDE 4X4 ORP,TOW PACK.,A.R.E FG.BEDCOVER,3.55LS,4.6L,AUTO,SPLITFIRE PLATINUM 3 SPARKPLUGS,K&NAIRFILTER/MOD. FACTORY AIRBOX,DUEL EX./20IN.CHROME TIPS,AVS WINDOW SHADES, DOOR SILLS &TAILLITE SLOTS,GTS CABRON FIBER HEADLITE COVERS,FORD 2 PIECE BRA, TINTED WINDONS, PENDALINDER TAILGATE INNER COVER, FORD TOTAL SECURITY SYSTEM/MOTION ALARM,FOGLITE ON WITH BRITES ON,FORD #1TRUCK UNDER GLASS ON FRONT LIC. PLATE,A/TS GOODYEAR TIRES,PERM.+FICTION DISC BRAKE PADS,OWENS FG. STEP BOARDS,55WATT BACKUP LITES, PILOT 55WATT ADD ON BACK UP LITE http://hometown.aol.com]/terrylariat1/myhomepage/auto.html

Old 10-26-1999, 10:19 PM
Lariat1,

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll be pulling out the ole tape measure and crawling under the truck this weekend!

John,

What transmission is in that 97 Cougar? I'll know what tranny is in my truck after this weekend! I will get back to you, but I'm headed out of town for two weeks this Friday.
Until then, thanks again for the help!

------------------
Paul... :-)
99 F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, CC
White, 4X2, Tow Package, CD, K&N Filter
More to come

Old 10-28-1999, 10:48 PM
Question

Hey guys, I need some help. I bought a B&M shiftplus+ and I can't find the PCM. Where is it located on my 97 F-150? Thank you for the help.

Quick Reply: B&M ShiftPlus Kit