What about this method of changing fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What about this method of changing fluid?

Anyone ever tried this method?
http://www.v8sho.com/SHO/atxfluid.html
I have used this on my SHO and it is very easy. Do this every 30,000 dropping the pan every other time and to change the filter. Would this way even work with the trucks first of all? Maybe with a truck the filter needs to be changed everytime depending on use? Let me know what you guys think!

Tony

Old 07-13-2002, 01:01 AM
It will work. I've never tried it because I feel uncomfortable running the transmission pump till it's dry.

I have a drain plug on the pan so it's fairly simple to drain the transmission and then the torque converter.

I think it's alright to change the filter every other fluid change.

Last edited by AjRagno; 07-13-2002 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-16-2002, 10:02 PM
Those with out drain plugs, you will have to drop the pan. If your truck is newer you may not have a drain plug on your converter. Then you have to flush out the system. Check out your local Jiffy Lub...they will do it. I would put in some Amsoil. Change the filter after the flush....needs about 5 more qts, but thats how you should do it.

Old 07-18-2002, 06:07 PM
If you open a cooler line, attach a hose for the ATF to drain into, couldn't you run a 2 bucket system pouring fresh fluid into the second bucket and run another hose to the open line, letting the pump pull fresh fluid from the second bucket. Isn't that really what a flush machine does?

Old 07-18-2002, 06:19 PM
Why do you people not believe in changing your filter? If you don't have a drain plug on your tc then drain your fluid till it starts to sputter out of a tranny line. Then drop your pan and change the damn filter...do you change your oil filter every two changes? Change it...make sure to not double o-ring it and clean the pan and magnet (there WILL be sludge on the magnet every time you do it so don't panic). And for those of you who haven't dropped the pan at all you can also get rid of the dip stuck plug in the pan.

Seabass

Quick Reply: What about this method of changing fluid?