up hill

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy up hill

ive had the 35s on my truck for a wile butt i live on long island witch is flat so i new there was a power loss butt i thought i could live with it till i went upstate and up and down in the mountains .i couldent beleve how much power i lost anyway what can i do i ?know geers will help butt thats not in the budgit right now what about a shift kit or a chip would that get me some more power?one more thing it would downshift to 2nd and would wind out till about 5 grand before it would shift on the big hills sometimes i would hit the od button on and off becouse i didnt think it would shift on its own THANKS FOR ANY HELP [IMG]my muddy 98[/IMG]

Old 03-25-2002, 01:55 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Check with Mike Trower about getting a Superchips. Look in the Computer chips forum. You might also want to change the speedo gear to compensate for the taller tires.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Old 03-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, in that case, the best thing to do is get some larger gear ratios in the rear end. But, if you can't afford that right now, then i guess a chip would be your best bet, and maybe an intake.

Quick Reply: up hill