Tranny Fluid Change Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tranny Fluid Change Questions

What type of Fluid should I use? I don't want anything cheap, but I don't really need the most expensive type either. I am also looking at shift kits to install while I am at it; do most people like the B&M, or the Transgo? Summit has two types of B&M, but I haven't seen much on the Transgo. Any information on these would be appreciated.

Old 03-19-2002, 12:18 PM
Nice truck dude!

Well... there have been a sh*tload of posts on the subject of oil. You'll need Mercon V and "apparently" Amsoil is the only one that has it.

Personally, since I didn't want to finance the buying of oil, I went with Castrol Mercon V semi-synthetic from the local parts store. I think it was like 3 or 4 bucks a quart. Figure I'll change it at 30k miles everytime anyhow so even regular mercon V will do.

Instructions here:
http://members.shaw.ca/pferlow/transmission_oil.htm

or at www.f150world.com if you're a member.

Old 03-20-2002, 01:29 AM
The trango kit is a self do it kit that you can install..It really beefs up the trans and puts more power to the ground even on a stock vehicle..Reduce slippage=more power....It also reduces temps and xtends life of trans...you cant go wrong with this one...B&M is also good...

Quick Reply: Tranny Fluid Change Questions