Quakerstate 4x4 Synthetic Blend ATF?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Quakerstate 4x4 Synthetic Blend ATF?

I just changed my tranny fluid and filter for the first time @ 50k miles - EEK! The fluid was a nice red color, no burning smell at all, and the gunk around the magnet wasn't all that much, thankfully.

A few questions:
1. I was under the assumption that all Expys came with the 470RW transmission. I have the E4OD in mine - bought it brand new and according to the sticker it was built in May, if that makes a difference. I tell you, that drain plug helps a lot.
2. Is the Quakerstate 4x4 Synthetic Blend decent fluid to use?
3. The torque specs for the pan bolts as listed in the Haynes manual said between 98-132 in-lbs. I torqued mine at 125. Was that the right thing to do? I know it's obviously within range but is it better to stick at the low/mid/higher range?

Thanks!

Old 02-13-2002, 04:42 PM
I changed mine with the Quaker State 4x4 fluid and it seems fine! Not sure about the tranny's in expeditions but E40D is a possibility.
You did 125 INCH pounds right? Not that you could get one of those to 125 foot pounds, just making sure. 125 is about right.

Old 02-13-2002, 07:52 PM
Cool, thanks man.

Yeah, inch-pounds is what I set my torque wrench at. (Phew!) It didn't 'seem' all that tight but the job came out perfect so it's a go!

Quick Reply: Quakerstate 4x4 Synthetic Blend ATF?