Tranny shimmy (thanks)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tranny shimmy (thanks)

I just want to thank you guys for helping me out with my problem.
It was driving me crazy, if the dealer would have told me that I wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place.From now on I am going to drain and clean it every 25,000 mile's.The only thing that I did not do was drop the pan and change the filter.Now that I no how to do it thanks to f150world,they explained that you must also drain the torque converter and replace the filter.This time they sucked it out and pumped some were about 13 qts. back in.Does anyone no why the fluid helps the vibration in the transmission when it shifts from 3 to 4th. gear.Is that a common problem,I still think the f-150 shifts sloppy and hope they take care o the problem in 2004.
Thank's
Again

Old 02-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Tranny shimmy (thanks)

Originally posted by Joe Styles
Does anyone no why the fluid helps the vibration in the transmission when it shifts from 3 to 4th. gear.Is that a common problem
Yes, it is a common problem.

What happens is that the additives in the ATF wear out. Once they are gone the "slipperyness" of the fluid changes. Once this is different the computer that controls the transmission can't control it properly.

Mark

Old 02-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank's Mark,
Finally my truck is running right again,how often should I change the Tranny Oil and is there an upgrade I can use or an additive I can throw in.
Thank's Again

Old 02-17-2002, 11:29 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
I'd change it every 20-25,000 miles. I do not recommend any additives.

Mark

Quick Reply: Tranny shimmy (thanks)