Question for Factory_Tech...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for Factory_Tech...

Tech,

I have a 98 4x4 with the 5.4 My door jam says tranny code is "E" I know this is the E4OD and I have 2 questions for you regarding this box as you seem most knowledgeable in this regard.

1. What is this specific difference between this tranny and the 4R100, I understand them to be almost the same, but man and chimp DNA is 98% the same as well, sometimes that 2% makes all the difference.

2. What would you speculate the average life expectancy of this tranny would be in city driving with 15k filter and oil changes(that torque converter bolt to drain it is pretty trick) and typical driving habbits, no heavy towing. I have the ORP as well as towing package so it has a cooler but is it big enough? I've been considering a shift kit in hopes of extending the life of the box, good idea? and which one do you suggest? All other shifts except the 1/2 shift are fine for me as far a firmness but there is just to much dead time in the 1/2 shift which i know must be wearing on the bands. thanks for the help. Mike

Quick Reply: Question for Factory_Tech...