Calling Factory Tech E4OD Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2001, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling Factory Tech E4OD Noise

I have a 93 L with s/c and other mods. A noise came the trans today. It kind of soulds like a conv.bolt rubbing the cover,but its not!It does it only when the trans is hot.siting still with it in park or neutral.It completely stops when i put it in gear,But it will do it in drive if it is coasting down the road.Would it do this if I balloned the conv.It started after it wheel hopped,but I backed out immediately.
Any help from anyone would but apprecated.
Johnny

Old 11-04-2001, 12:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's kinda hard to tell, from the symptoms, may be a snap ring on the coast clutch, but that's a flat out guess. I'd really need to drive it to tell, take it to a dealer and see if they can isolate the noise.

G

Old 11-04-2001, 08:44 AM
Never mind! I figured it out!
Thanks ,Johnny

Old 11-04-2001, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Johnny, we're all glad to hear that you've taken care of the problem. But, could you please share the solution with us so that we might be better informed for the future if the same should ever happen to one of us?

Thanx.

Old 11-04-2001, 03:50 PM
It wasn't the trans after all! you can see my post at NLOC under GEN 1 "whats this noise in my trans"
I don't know how to give a link to it.
Johnny

Old 11-07-2001, 09:09 AM
J Selman's post over at NLOC for you guys wondering what the problem was.

"I'm not really sure,but this is what I did.Since I have a S/C I cant run the hose from the oil fill pipe to the TB like it came from the fact.It always has vacumm at a idle and I thought maybe it was my vacuum leak causing a delayed action of my aux. fuel pump.So I pluged it off (dumb)drove it down the road, came back home and thats when I heard the noise.So I completly forgot about every thing else.Until this morning I remembered the hose.I removed the plug and everthing was fine,put my finger over the line and the noise gradually comes back.
What should I do with this hose ?It whisles at a idle!"
Thanks, johnny

Quick Reply: Calling Factory Tech E4OD Noise