Factory Tech Shift Kit ='s Chip Reburn???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Factory Tech Shift Kit ='s Chip Reburn???

Just bought a new Factory Tech Shift Kit for my 2001 Lightning and was wondering if I would have to get my JL Diablo Sport Chip reburned? Also, I heard about older Factory Tech Shift Kits that get used on 2001 L's have overly strong shifts and could cause damage? Reason I ask is because the guy I bought it from had it for his 2000 L and never installed it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10-30-2001, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're talking about the accumulator, he built a new one or had to make changes for the 2001's.

I'm sure he'll make it around soon.....

Old 11-02-2001, 09:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always reccomend that if you use a chip you have your tuner leave the line pressure settings to the factory spec, there are too many issues with useing software to raise line pressure.

As for the cahnges, all of my parts will work fine with any 99-00, a very few of the '01s had a problem when I first made them so I changed a few things to fix that, but almost all of the kits out there are the new design. The issue was a sticky 321 valve in the shift bore, which for some reason the '01s are much more finicky about. To check it, take a toothpick and "twang" the valve in the shift bores (there are four bores, three identical looking shift bores and on that's different, the line pressure modulator bore), if the valve springs back freely, you're okay, if it sticks the '01 will bang shift on that shift. If you have a sticky one, send it to me and I'll replace it, but very few of them do. The 99-00s wuild free the valve and once it's "broke" it's okay, the '01s are a lot more finicky so I use a differnt vlave with a very slight "annular" groove cut into it so it's less likely to stick.

Hope this helps,

G

Quick Reply: Factory Tech Shift Kit ='s Chip Reburn???