Looking for TransGo Shift Kit Part #

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for TransGo Shift Kit Part #

I have a 2001 F-150 Supercrew 5.4L with a 4R70W transmission. I've looked around this message board and the Internet for the correct TransGo Shift Kit part number and the best place (price and support) to purchase one.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Old 10-24-2001, 10:38 AM
Try this company they should have it, just call them 800-776-1191 or check out their web site http://www.txchange.com/main.htm I hope it helps.

Old 10-24-2001, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only part number on the box I have for my 97 with 4R70W is
PSK AODE.
The 4R70W is an AODE.

I ordered mine from Summitt. It has been installed for around 27,000 miles and still going strong.

Old 10-24-2001, 11:54 AM
Tnanks guys, this is very helpful info. Did you install the kit yourself and how long did it take if you did.

Old 10-25-2001, 11:25 AM
I did the install myself. It came with a video so I took an old TV and VCR out to the garage and used the rewind button a lot. Get a good set of snap ring pliers before you start and the rest is basic hand tools except the electric drill. The drill bits are in the kit.

I did most of the work one night and then let is sit until the next morning. Put it back together after I had my morning coffee.
Total time about 5 hours.

Old 11-02-2001, 11:04 AM
T Ellenberger Thanks!

I purchased the the TransGo Performance Shift Kit ($125.00 includes shipping from Transmission Exchange) and received it this past Monday. I could not wait to install the kit so I started the at 8:00 PM. I soon discovered I had the wrong transmission filter; returned it and got the right one, now it's 8:30 PM install start!

The install went relatively easy considering I have never done on e before. Several issue popped up along the way. The documentation was not the best, but better than nothing. The drill sizes they recommended were some what different. I only had to drill one hole larger, number 6. The other holes were suprisingly larger by about .015-.020???

I got everything back together and added the transmission fluid as they recommended - not problems. Found one large yellow spring under the truck when everything was together. I was affraid I'd missed something. Turns out it fell off the bench add rolled directly under the transmission - what are the chances of that happening.

I started it up, went through the gears without a problem. Man does this thing work as advertised! It grabs when you want it to. I'm really not sure if it's grabbing to hard when WOT. When it grabs hard the whole truck jerks. Got any experience with this? Should I be concerned?

Well anyway, finished everything by 1:30 AM - time for sweet dreams truckin' down the highway.

Thanks again!

Old 11-03-2001, 09:27 AM
When I drive normal the truck shifts normal. When I get on it hard it shifts with a bang. I am not worried at all. I just figure it has lasted thousands of miles with no problem.
The instructions said something about shifting to any gear at any time so one day I was at about 45 mph and I pulled the shifter back to 2. It stayed together and man did those rpm's go wild.

Quick Reply: Looking for TransGo Shift Kit Part #