HELP Please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP Please!!!!

Just rebuilt 4r75e transmission in a 2007 F-150. Truck will shift great but once driving for about half hour it's begins to act up. When I switch from park, neutral, or reverse to drive I notice drive doesn't engage immediately. I also noticed if I try to drive in reverse it is hesitating. Also when I'm in overdrive gear, when I accelerate kind of hard it begins to go in and out of OD. We replaced all wearable parts so basically it's a New transmission. Would it be possible that transmission fluid overheating could cause these issues? There is no trans fault or engine light on just like what happened before rebuild. Just to add some details, when we rebuilt the transmission the planetary was all torn up so we replaced that w new and also the direct hub was replaced bc it had some wear. Also replaced EPC Solenoid and shift Solenoids. The center support snap ring had broke in transmission so we thought that's what caused the transmission to break but now after the rebuild the problems we are having are similar to what happened and what lead us to rebuild.
Any ideas?!?

Old 02-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Do you have access to a computer that will read transmission codes?

Even though there is no light, doesn't mean there isn't something wrong.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:23 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Did you flush the cooler lines and replace the torque converter?

Quick Reply: HELP Please!!!!