4x4 not engaging... DTC P1867

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4x4 not engaging... DTC P1867

I've been having some trouble figuring out how to fix my 4x4 in my 2010 F150 isn't engaging. Changed both the TC shift motor as well as the Vacuum solenoid.

It started displaying a 4x4 shift in progress message on the dash upon start up and Check 4x4 when attempting to shift it using the ESOF... No engine light... Had in the shop and they scanned it while I was there displayed the code P1867 (Transmission Transfer Case Contact Plate General Circuit Failure)...still no engine light... they had no other information...

So checked, fuses and the transfer case shift motor, mine looked rough. So I ordered a new TC shift motor off of RockAuto, while changing it out we disconnected the old one from the transfer case and tested it, it started turning but would stop mid way, so we connected the new one and the same thing, start turning and stop mid way, put it all together and disconnected the battery to clear the codes... still not fully shifting

after some more research... checked the vacuum lines and Changed the Vacuum Solenoid hoping that it was maybe locking the tc shift motor (like a protection mode), nothing changed...

Anyone have insight on what else I could check, its like a loss of power to the shift motor?

Sorry for the long post and Thanks In Advance