problem with my tansmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problem with my tansmission

Hi
i have a 2007 e-150 ford van with only 38,000 miles on it, with i believe a 4r70w or 4r75w transmission. The problem started yesterday. Goin in reverse, it would go, but as soon as you take the foot of the gas, it would stop immediatly, plus very difficult until it would start rolling, I think this is called engine breaking. Also, in Park, reving the engine, the trans makes a very strang noise, and wants to creep up (move forward) with more gas you give it. neutral does the same thing. When i drive the van, it seems like it switches gears fine, and does not make any noise, but the OD light does not show when you press the button. I did check the fluid, nice and red/pink color no smell at all. No leaks under the car, and the trans is totally dry all around. I do not show a check engine light on
This morning my friend came over with his scanner and hooked it up to my van's plug. It showed no codes of anything wrong
Has anyone have any idea what might be wrong with the trans?
Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?
My friend seems to think it might be a selenoid problem, I sort of think it might be a shifting problem, but i am no machanic.
Any suggestions sure would be appreciated
thanks
Mark

Old 05-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Suspended
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Soounds like the Trany is screwoooooooed for sure.

Quick Reply: problem with my tansmission