Tranny fluid flow chart? Look at pics and help please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Tranny fluid flow chart? Look at pics and help please.

I just installed a Magnefine tranny filter and am a bit confused as to the flow pattern of the fluid through the system. The line coming from the BOTTOM of the radiator is on the DRIVER side and goes in the tranny cooler (tow package) in front of the condenser on that same side. Another line comes out of the tranny cooler on the PASSENGER side, into a 4" piece of rubberhose and away to the transmission. This filter is one-way from what I read and I don't want to install it backwards. Does the fluid come out of the tranny cooler on the passenger side and to the tranny? I started the truck and let it run for a few minutes while I checked for leaks (none thank god as this is a McGuyver setup) and all seems OK. If the filter were backwards would I get fluid spray from somewhere else like the dipstick etc...?

What I need is someone to weigh in if this setup is correct in the flow direction. The rest I can troubleshoot (knock on wood). The truck is an '05 F150 4x4 with the 4r70/75e tranny. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by thundertrucker; 05-14-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: damn pictures wont show

Quick Reply: Tranny fluid flow chart? Look at pics and help please.