what the #$%^& controls shifting 4r70w?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what the #$%^& controls shifting 4r70w?

I am so burnt out on trans issues with this truck! second owner of 5 years and went the cheap route twice installing a used tranny.... Decided to have rebuilt after tc issues then shift solenoid b failure. after rebuild and new tc was good for 3 months then solenoid b failure again. replaced under warranty, good for 3 months then solenoid b failure again.... replaced under warranty.... i just drive it nothing rough but since last solenoid replacement it seems to be confused at times as to which gear it should be in. from a stop if you and go like hell it shifts through all gears perfectly but under normal take off or in town driving it seems to shift too early between second and third and will not downshift under a low strain like climbing a hill or after a turn(25-35 mph) unless you hammer it and when it does down shift it shifts hard. no codes, nothing flashing.... she runs great if you treat her like a dog!

Old 01-13-2011, 10:21 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
You might want to go back to where you had it rebuilt and ask them to look at it again. If the tranny checks out then you might try cleaning the MAF. Or clean the MAF first.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:55 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Yea, that's what I was thinking, - clean the MAF. I'd pull it out completely to inspect. The way it's shifting, you may have hairy moth or june-bug cooked on the wires. - Depending on the filter your running of course.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAF CLEANING DIDNT WORK, NO BUGS DETECTED I DUNNO WUT TO TRY NEXT. I DID HAVE THE TRANS SHOP CHECK IT OUT LAST TIME, THEY SAID IT WAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH TRUCK. ANY OTHER IDEAS? ALSO IT HAS K&N COLD AIR/FILTER WHICH IS ALWAYS CLEAN AND CHARGED... THE TRUCK ALSO SEEMS TO STALL OUT WHEN THIS HAPPENS

Last edited by jcjason; 01-30-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
If you keep getting a solenoid B error and new solenoids don't fix it, it could be the wiring from the PCM to solenoid B.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:37 PM
JMC

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jcjason
MAF CLEANING DIDNT WORK, NO BUGS DETECTED I DUNNO WUT TO TRY NEXT. I DID HAVE THE TRANS SHOP CHECK IT OUT LAST TIME, THEY SAID IT WAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH TRUCK. ANY OTHER IDEAS? ALSO IT HAS K&N COLD AIR/FILTER WHICH IS ALWAYS CLEAN AND CHARGED... THE TRUCK ALSO SEEMS TO STALL OUT WHEN THIS HAPPENS
Have it checked at a different shop.

Quick Reply: what the #$%^& controls shifting 4r70w?