New Tranny from Darren

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Tranny from Darren

My tranny is about done for and it looks like I'm gunna need to get a hold of Darren for a new one. Any suggestions on what all I need/ should get. I am running 10psi on my 06 f150 fx4 with the whipple. Plan on maybe going to 12 psi down the road. It's my daily driver and I tow on occation. I have received a lot of good info from twinskrewd, so am just wondering what everyone else thinks. Any help would be great as I do not know much about transmissions. I am just trying to gather as much info as possible before I give Darren a call... Thank you for your help in advance.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:02 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ask him about that torque converter too I have his trans and the torque converter of his choice. Appears to be a damn good combo!

Howdy from south of you!

Old 01-13-2011, 06:47 AM
He is a straight shooter and will tell you what you need.

He will probably build you one like Klitch, at least that was what he was going to do with me until I told him I plan on doing 600-700hp+ with a trans brake down the road. Never did ask what exactly he does to make it more stout.

Also as Klitch said, get a TC also...

Old 01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
He is a straight shooter and will tell you what you need.

He will probably build you one like Klitch, at least that was what he was going to do with me until I told him I plan on doing 600-700hp+ with a trans brake down the road. Never did ask what exactly he does to make it more stout.

Also as Klitch said, get a TC also...
He told me a few things that went over my head, but I remember him saying he used later year OEM hard parts.

Unless you're doing something different than I am, you'll probably get set up pretty much the same as mine, I'll find the pic of mine with his selection of oil pan too.

Heres what you will probably be getting as far as pan. (Oh wait, I think that was an option I chose, either way heres what one option looks like)

Last edited by Klitch; 01-13-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:25 PM
What did that cost you if you dont mind me asking?

Old 01-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Klitch
He told me a few things that went over my head, but I remember him saying he used later year OEM hard parts.

Unless you're doing something different than I am, you'll probably get set up pretty much the same as mine, I'll find the pic of mine with his selection of oil pan too.

Heres what you will probably be getting as far as pan. (Oh wait, I think that was an option I chose, either way heres what one option looks like)
Pretty sure I got some hardened billet parts and the likes. He gave me a price of one like "Klitch", then another price that was much more. IF I understood him correctly this is the same one he builds for the 900hp+ mustangs and the likes. I plan on 650-700rwhp+ and launching with slicks. Claimed I should NEVER have to worry about another transmission again. I beleive yours has some 4r75 internals which are stronger then 4r70w's.

I almost went for the $1k+ trans braked manual valve body, but decided to wait on that until I get the engine built.

I have that pan, and the tail shaft lube mod.

Last edited by FATHERFORD; 01-13-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by NOLAGT
What did that cost you if you dont mind me asking?
Cheaper then most other transmission places.... For a real price you need to call him.

Trending Topics

Old 01-13-2011, 04:08 PM
I was just kinda curious of a ball park. I am not looking to do mine now but when the day comes I was just wondering what they run. I will give them a call and see.....

Old 01-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by NOLAGT
I was just kinda curious of a ball park. I am not looking to do mine now but when the day comes I was just wondering what they run. I will give them a call and see.....
Let's put it this way, I was more then pleased with the price he quoted me.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is next on my list after 10psi (once i get my VMP tune) and cams is a "fatherford" copy trans.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Pretty sure I got some hardened billet parts and the likes. He gave me a price of one like "Klitch", then another price that was much more. IF I understood him correctly this is the same one he builds for the 900hp+ mustangs and the likes. I plan on 650-700rwhp+ and launching with slicks. Claimed I should NEVER have to worry about another transmission again. I beleive yours has some 4r75 internals which are stronger then 4r70w's.

I almost went for the $1k+ trans braked manual valve body, but decided to wait on that until I get the engine built.

I have that pan, and the tail shaft lube mod.
Yes if I remember correctly, mine was quite a few 4r75 parts, I didnt have budget to go for billet parts.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by Klitch
Yes if I remember correctly, mine was quite a few 4r75 parts, I didnt have budget to go for billet parts.
I honestly didn't plan on spending the money either, but that is what 0% credit cards are for

Now if only my work would give back all my OT I can pay it off in two weeks.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
That is next on my list after 10psi (once i get my VMP tune) and cams is a "fatherford" copy trans.
I'll actually laugh my @$$ off he starts referring the one I got as "you know FATHERFORD on the forum? Like his".

Old 01-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Quick Question

I might be looking for a new transmission. Who is Darren and how do I contact him?

Old 01-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fclementsjr
I might be looking for a new transmission. Who is Darren and how do I contact him?
There's a link in Klitch's sig.
BC automotive.

Phil

Quick Reply: New Tranny from Darren