94 f350 od light not coming on

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 f350 od light not coming on

Hello all I am new to the site and just got me a 94 f350 5.8 auto.
i have been driving it for a few weeks now and i am only getting 10mpg.
i have no tach so i cant check the shifting thru rpm so I am just assuming it isnt going into OD. The first thing I am niticing is the od light on the shifter
doesnt even come on first is there a part to fix that and even if it isnt working will that keep it from shifting into OD. thanks any and all advise will
be greatly appreciated thansk Jason form ky.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:28 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
The OD light comes on when you push the button to lock it out of OD. When driving 60 mph or so, push the OD button, what happens? I know you don't have a tach, but you should be able to hear whether the engine speeds up or slows down.

10 mpg out of a 1 ton truck with a 5.8 sounds reasonable.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have hit the buttom a thouseand times and have never felt a change. but at 70 to 75 mph it doesnt sound like the motor is wound tight but seems to have a little more pep that I thought it would if the od is working. As faer as 10to 11 mpg I wasnt real sure because it is the first one I have owned. thanks jason

Originally Posted by glc
The OD light comes on when you push the button to lock it out of OD. When driving 60 mph or so, push the OD button, what happens? I know you don't have a tach, but you should be able to hear whether the engine speeds up or slows down.

10 mpg out of a 1 ton truck with a 5.8 sounds reasonable.

Quick Reply: 94 f350 od light not coming on