Trans fault/blinking OD light

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry Trans fault/blinking OD light

2007 F150,71K miles

On my way to work this morning my truck started shifting unusual.The OD light started flashing and the odometer read "TRANS FAULT".I took it to my local Ford dealer and the trans tech said a shift solenoid and the harness inside the transmission were bad.Diagnosis,3 hours of labor,solenoid,harness,fluid,and a new filter;$443.85.
I think it was just a matter of time before this happened because now it shifts so much better then before!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Save the bucks and do it yourself. The harness and solenoids are right there when you drop the pan. The harness snaps on and theres a bolt supporting the solenoids.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:54 AM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by twinskrewd
Save the bucks and do it yourself. The harness and solenoids are right there when you drop the pan. The harness snaps on and theres a bolt supporting the solenoids.
Too late,Ford did the work.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had that but it was the heat sensor. did u atleast let em put new fluid in'er? the guys at the shop i went to asked me if i wanted to reuse the old....i was like ill wipe your diaper clean and put that back on ya...u want that no...exactly

Old 03-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Hey Guys, I have stumbled upon your post while trying to figure out what my transmission is trying to tell me. It seems that after normal driving for an hr a large roar comes from the engine (Im assuming this is a fan trying to cool it down). Then if you drive the truck uphills (on the way to go skiing) it give me the (transmission fault error). I have had a edge programmer in the truck so I could see the temps. They have been over 200F, Also I have done a transmission fluid exchange hoping that would help. Still does the same.

Could this be an issue with the heat sensor?

Any ideas would help before I take it the dealer.

Please be kind first post, Truck is an 07 supercrew fx4 with 66K miles

Old 03-14-2011, 04:52 AM
Exclamation

Sounds like the shift solenoid and harness need to be replaced.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Thank you for the reply, But do you think I would be receiving some shifting problems. The truck runs normal just gets hot

Trending Topics

Old 03-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by tmbo216
Thank you for the reply, But do you think I would be receiving some shifting problems. The truck runs normal just gets hot
The only way to find out is to take it to your favorite mechanic or your local Ford dealer.Start a new thread..........maybe no one is reading this one.

Quick Reply: Trans fault/blinking OD light