clutch pedal broke?! :-/

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation clutch pedal broke?! :-/

aright, so i think i broke something..i went to pull up on the clutch pedal to reset the auto adjuster thingy and heard a snap, now the pedal can be lifted up all the way and makes a clicking sound when it goes back down, if you leave it alone it works but with an inch of nothing before you feel the clutch start to disengage. i haven't looked at it yet because it was dark. what can i do to fix this.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Ive never seen the pedal assembly in these trucks.. but im sure it has a switch that tells the pedal is fully released. (IE foot is off the pedal, cruise) Maybe busted the switch? Is there accually linkage to the clutch? or is there a resivoir for clutch fluid. If there is fluid.. i wouldnt think there would be an "auto adjuster"

id say get a light and get under there.. work the pedal around.. try to get it to recreate what happed.. probably broke something plastic.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:50 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
You pulled the switch past the notch in the rod. It may be broken or simply need to be pushed back down. BTY where is no adjustment on the hydraulic clutch system on these trucks. The mustang has a cable that can be adjusted by pulling back on the pedal.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by JMC
You pulled the switch past the notch in the rod. It may be broken or simply need to be pushed back down. BTY where is no adjustment on the hydraulic clutch system on these trucks. The mustang has a cable that can be adjusted by pulling back on the pedal.
Thanks for the info JMC.

Quick Reply: clutch pedal broke?! :-/