Whining Noise in Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whining Noise in Transmission

Hey Guys,

I have noticed a whining noise in my Transmission. You don't hear it when the Fan is on High or the Radio on, but when the Truck is quieter, it is noticeable. The tone of the whine goes along with the RPM. I asked my Ford Service Manager and he told me that some do it and some don't. I asked about any Transmission additives and he highly advised against it.

Just curious if anyone has had this. Otherwise the Transmission operates smoothly, it's just a little bit of a nusiance-noise.

Thanks,
Jeff

2008 F150 Screw Lariat

Old 09-27-2010, 09:16 AM
I had a PI single disk converter in my car , wich went bad.. It whined like holy he'll.. Sounded like a power steering pump low on oil with bad bearings... Not saying that's your problem but something to think about.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Yes. Mine has been doing that for about the last 2000 miles from just above idle until about 2000rpm. I just dropped it off at the dealer and they are saying that the transmission essentially needs rebuilt. I only have 59000 miles so warranty willl cover it, but I will know the exact outcome in about a week.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Mine was the torque converter whinning, only did it while in gear.. I just went a head and did a reman trans and converter from Certified Transmission

Quick Reply: Whining Noise in Transmission