Edge evolution running trans. mode

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge evolution running trans. mode

Just got off the phone with local tran. shop and was told that running a programmer that modifiys your shifting will damage the transmission, and they dont recommend using one. In my research i thought that by running in trans. mode you reduce the amount of time the clutches slip, thus reducing heat, which prolongs your tranny. am i wrong?? any info anybody has on this will be greatly appreciated. I am running a edge evolution in tranny mode, i have not adjusted any other parameters as of yet. I really like the feel of a firmer shift (who doesnt!!) but do not want to damage my tranny. i look to the f150online gods for help

Todd

Old 03-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Guess I am done for then. I have 99,000 on my truck, 68,000 with a tune. 31,000 was with level 3 on 93 octane and +12 shift pressure. 37,000 has been with a performance tune. I have always heard the firm shifts save on clutches.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluejay, glad to hear that!! I too heard that firm shifts reduce heat which save's a tranny. I'm glad that there are these forums outhere where we can get the info on stuff like this, i appreciate all who take the time to answer my questions.

Quick Reply: Edge evolution running trans. mode