1-2, 3-4 accumulator changed, now no O/D

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1-2, 3-4 accumulator changed, now no O/D

Hello, I'm new to posting but have read may threads that have giving me plenty of answers. Thank you.

I have a 2000 f150 5.4 with the 4r100 (code e) with 161,000 miles that was giving me the 1-2 shift delay, by reading in here I figured the 1-2 accumulators were in pieces so I took it to a shop and hold and behold no bad shifting when they tested (no codes either) but they recommended to do a transmission service (fluid, filter and I told them to check the accumulators).

When they had the transmission open they found the 1-2 and 3-4 accumulators broken, which they replaced and the transmission was back to normal. Cost was $299, After driving it for 1 day, the O/D light started flashing and my 3rd, and 4th ( no overdrive was lost, no shifting) I took it back and scanned again and found a code 1714 ( not too sure about the number). They said that they were going to open the transmission again to make sure every thing is ok and see what going on but do to a long weekend they can not work on it until 4 days from now.

My questions is what can be wrong with the transmission now, other than the initial shift delay (for a while) the transmission shifted fine, they mention that the code is for the selenoid packs but the tech is not too convince that was the problem. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply: 1-2, 3-4 accumulator changed, now no O/D