Please help.....i'm beggin ya

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 05:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Please help.....i'm beggin ya

New Here......Need help.....BADLY

look I know there are a LOT of threads about this but I can't seem to find one that fits my needs.

I have a 1994 Ford F150 XLT 300Inline 4.9L Sixxer followed by a M5OD-R2 with the 4WD Configuration and it seems to be hung up really bad, between 2 gears or what.

It was clanging and jumping before it went out and when you release the clutch it dies out and lurches even while in neutral.

I don't know what could be causing it but I need to find out.

How do I fix this?
Is it fixable without a rebuild and if it does need rebuilt how hard is it.
None of the transmission shops are giving me any prices we could EVER afford.

I really need the help, I'm out of work till this truck is rolling again.

please help.....I could lose my job, I require a pickup t do this.

Thanks to anyone who can give me some insight to this dilemma and how to fix it.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:50 AM
I have a 1994 Ford F150 XLT 300Inline 4.9L Sixxer followed by a M5OD-R2 with the 4WD Configuration and it seems to be hung up really bad, between 2 gears or what.

It was clanging and jumping before it went out and when you release the clutch it dies out and lurches even while in neutral.
When you say hung up between two gears do you mean for example hard to shift from 3rd to 4th? If so you may have synchronizers going out.

Any chance the stalling out may be related to a vacuum hose?

Old 07-22-2009, 12:03 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Sounds like maybe the pilot bearing is seized. Whatever it is, the tranny needs to come out.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I agree If its the Mazda 5 speed trans which I think it is , I had the 300 6cyl in my old truck and parked it in the yard when the trans started to whine.. Did you check the trans and see if it is full of gear oil.. Mine was so low on gear oil that it started seizing up on me.. I put 2 quarts of Lucas in it and it helped but it still whined a good bit.. AAMCO transmission told me a rebuild would be around 900.00.. Best of luck... You can always find these transmissions at the junkyard for around 350 to 450 dollars.. But like GLC said you need to pull it...

Old 07-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by FX4_2003
I agree If its the Mazda 5 speed trans which I think it is , I had the 300 6cyl in my old truck and parked it in the yard when the trans started to whine.. Did you check the trans and see if it is full of gear oil.. Mine was so low on gear oil that it started seizing up on me.. I put 2 quarts of Lucas in it and it helped but it still whined a good bit.. AAMCO transmission told me a rebuild would be around 900.00.. Best of luck... You can always find these transmissions at the junkyard for around 350 to 450 dollars.. But like GLC said you need to pull it...
Yes it is the M5OD-R2

I will be pulling it, and when I mean hung up I mean even thought the shifter is in NEUTRAL the transmission isn't. like its hung up in 2 gears.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:01 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The roller pins that lock the shift forks and gates to the rail may have sheared. When you shifted out of one gear it sheared leaving it in gear. Then shifting into the other sheared the other one. Pull the shifter housing cover and examine the pins.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by JMC
The roller pins that lock the shift forks and gates to the rail may have sheared. When you shifted out of one gear it sheared leaving it in gear. Then shifting into the other sheared the other one. Pull the shifter housing cover and examine the pins.

But would that cause the clanging and jerking???

I wouldn't think it would

Trending Topics

Old 07-23-2009, 03:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WyoExplorer
But would that cause the clanging and jerking???

I wouldn't think it would
It's trying to go in 2 gears at once (it's in 2 gears at the same time), and that's not possible! (I mean it's not possible for it to move that way) Take JMC's advice and pull the shifter housing cover. Shouldn't have to pull the trans. for that- least I don't think. :o

Old 07-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by code58
It's trying to go in 2 gears at once (it's in 2 gears at the same time), and that's not possible! (I mean it's not possible for it to move that way) Take JMC's advice and pull the shifter housing cover. Shouldn't have to pull the trans. for that- least I don't think. :o
Hey thanks guys, I'm hopefully getting the truck back home soon...just need to find someone who can help me tow it here.

I'll update as I can.

Quick Reply: Please help.....i'm beggin ya