Help with 1-2 Acccumulator ....???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with 1-2 Acccumulator ....???

So my truck has been doing the long shift between 1st and 2nd and from everything I have read it seemed to be the 1-2 accumulator springs broken or something not right in that area. Well I took it apart today and the springs are fine and everything looks good except ford told me that I had 2 springs on the bottom an inner and an outer and the inner isnt there? Could this be causing this issue? The upper is brown and the lower outer is yellow and the inner is blue.

I want to see if there is anything else it could be before I put it back together?

Idea's?
Thanksfor the help!

Old 03-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't get what you are saying. Trying to figure out how to make this not sound other than what it is...

All I am trying to do is figure out what you are saying, so please don't take it as anything oterwise. I am not clear because you said the inner spring isn't there but then you said there is a yellow outer and a blue inner. What do you mean? Are those springs what you have or what you are supposed to have?

Darrin

Old 03-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Sorry ya I guess I rushed that last comment! My old 1-2 accumulator piston had a brown upper spring and a white bottom. When I went to ford to replace them (because I though this was the issue) they gave me a brown upper spring, yellow lower outer spring and a blue inner bottom spring. I am wondering why there was no inner spring before and what this will do to the shift?

Also neither of the springs were broken so what else could it be that was causing the long 1-2 shift?

The new mobil 1 full snth fluid made it shift a little better but not perfect....

Thanks Dave

Old 03-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I think in your case I would replace everything in that bore. Springs, piston, cap and all.

And, I wouldn't use an inner lower spring. That will make the shift softer.

Any other symptoms other than that long shift?

Darrin

Old 03-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Well I already put it back together and unfortunately I didnt know about the lower inner spring. I did replace the piston and all the springs so its all new stuff. It just takes 2x the amount of time to shift and then clunks into 2nd. All the other shifts are smooth and how they should be. I am thinking about getting a programmer to firm up all the shifts if I cant figure this thing out?

Quick Reply: Help with 1-2 Acccumulator ....???