what is the sensor on passenger side top of trans on 4r70w

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is the sensor on passenger side top of trans on 4r70w

just bought a 99 expedtion with a supposed bad trans. i decided to fill it up and see what happens. when i fill it pours right back out on passenger side. i looked on that side and saw a plug harness hooked to nothing. i reached on top ot the rear side of the trans above the pan and the hole with nothing in it. i can stick my finger right in the trans and feel the fluid. the whole is perfectly round. what is supposed to be there.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Google 4R70W you should find some pictures im trying to think i just had my trans out. there was one at the linkage. one on the passenger side it was white and then one in middle it was black and another on the driver it was black as well. im guessing that white one is missing i have no idea the name of it thoe.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:20 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Rear right of pan just above the pan level? if i remember correctly that would be the main harness for the trans. if thats gone i bet the wiring harness inside the trans has been yanked.

the connector should have appx 10 pins to it, if this is true with your connector, i'd opt for no wiring in the trans.

controls a lot! uhm here i have a link that may help u.
http://tciauto.com/Products/Instruct...part_one_2.htm

scroll down to section 2.1.2 Ford Harness Connector Faces

has a connector diagram for you.

Last edited by Klitch; 09-19-2008 at 03:22 AM.

Quick Reply: what is the sensor on passenger side top of trans on 4r70w