F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Transmissions (https://www.f150online.com/forums/transmissions-25/)
-   -   4r70w options (https://www.f150online.com/forums/transmissions/337105-4r70w-options.html)

Blown F-150 12-12-2008 04:21 PM

I am really glad to see it was a mechanical problem, but very disappointed in how it was handled by WAMU and AROD.

Has the tranny actually been fixed yet? Did you ask about your original housing?

Keep putting the work out and you can even post something on your truck if your in the area when you drive around!

Klitch 12-12-2008 04:50 PM

trans is in my possession in my shop in the hundreds of pieces they tore it apart to for me.

the original housing was "damaged" in some manner that he could'nt remember anymore. i dont see how the housing could be damaged?

i might make some stickers, for now im starting with the BBB and tricitieswa.womf.com, basically 2 ways of feedback, one is an old standby (BBB) and the womf thing is a new idea being advertised rather heavily on the radio stations. the BBB was closed early today, some reason they close at noon on fridays. never heard of such a silly thing.

i am also very disappointed in how this situation was handled by wamu, i voiced that very clearly with their manager, i actually got her pissed off enough she caught herself about to cuss at me. then i told her, now she's getting close to how I FEEL on this situation.

Rods cars, im not sure how much of a role this guy played in this but one thing is clear, i think he "test drove" my truck in 4x4 out in the mud. i had a crossmember below the t-case out and painted it, i cleaned and painted the torsion bars crossmembers as well. this time i was under my truck there was dirt caked on (like mud would have been from months past) these crossmembers i had painted. i never had 4x4 working since the trans swap anyway! i have a theory he was out playing with my truck somewhere and got rough with it. thats the only explanation for the broken shaft, unless it was so weak from the original vehicle?

Darrin, you have been awesome, and a great help through all of this. i would greatly appreciate anything i could get from you in writing if i have to take this to small claims court or even with the BBB. i will be picking up the paperwork on monday, found out where i have to go for it today and what it costs.

f150 rider 12-14-2008 07:13 PM

man Klitch I just read all those pages and it sounds like they completely screwed you over at rods cars, Keep us updated on how all this shakes out and I hope you get your money back somehow that just sucks big time:beers:

Klitch 02-17-2009 04:01 AM

arbitration on this thursday, wish me luck. Darrin, i'll be calling you for testimony of industry standards.

phil6608 02-17-2009 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Klitch (Post 3592529)
arbitration on this thursday, wish me luck. Darrin, i'll be calling you for testimony of industry standards.

Good luck man,,,hopefully you'll get some satisfaction out of them.:thumbsup:

Phil

Klitch 02-25-2009 04:58 PM

BC-Automotive transmission is installed, t-case is hanging. need to button all the little stuff up and find some good ATF, cant find anything but royal purple around here.

MANY thanks go out to Darrin Burch, he's been extremely helpful in my situation, now im installing his transmission.

I've got some other new I intend on revealing to you guys soon enough.

Darrin Burch 02-25-2009 06:19 PM

Let me know how it goes.

Darrin

stoffer 02-26-2009 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Darrin Burch (Post 3607376)
Let me know how it goes.

Klitch at least you are close to getting your beast back on the road

Klitch 02-26-2009 11:31 AM

very much so. gotta shore up a few little things, flush my cooler and finger out a place to put my temp probe. then its all the little things to come together since the t-case is already bolted up and so is the trans.

Klitch 02-27-2009 12:31 AM

drove the truck today, shifts like Darrin said it should, nice firm but not anywhere near harsh. sure is nice to have my truck back, thanks a bunch Darrin!

now i need to fix my exhaust leaks and figure out the EGR code, 402.

stoffer 02-27-2009 12:33 AM

congrats on it moving under it's own power, now time for some go faster goodies

Blown F-150 02-27-2009 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Klitch (Post 3609841)
drove the truck today, shifts like Darrin said it should, nice firm but not anywhere near harsh. sure is nice to have my truck back, thanks a bunch Darrin!

now i need to fix my exhaust leaks and figure out the EGR code, 402.

Very glad to hear your truck is back on the road:rocker:

Curious to hear what's in store for it next:)

Klitch 02-27-2009 12:50 AM

need to finish talkin to troyer about tuning this poor thing. i forgot how much of a pain it was to make sure it remembers to idle.

Blown F-150 02-28-2009 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Klitch (Post 3609876)
need to finish talkin to troyer about tuning this poor thing. i forgot how much of a pain it was to make sure it remembers to idle.

:lol: Sounds like my friggen Mustang!!!

Klitch 03-13-2009 03:04 PM

ok so heres the new skinny.

Arbitration judgment in my favor.

Rods pulling this BS trick now, one resource i have found says he established a LLC Nov 13 2008, my transaction was done well before then. done around 7-15-08, so now i have to figure out what i can or cannot do and such. he's trying to appeal the judgement because he's an llc even though he fraudulently signed the arbitration agreement.