C4/5 Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C4/5 Question

Heres the deal.

While playing in the mud yesterday drunk, I ran the transmission low on oil. So I shut it off, and sent the gf and a cousin to town to get more. When they get back I added the fluid.....start it up, and I now have no forward gears. It will go in reverse, thats it.

Today, I start it up, check the fluid, and its about 2 quarts overfull. I was like, "damn" but i was drunk, and it was dark so i wasnt to surpised i had done this. So, I figured let me try and drain some out, see what that does. I got the gallon jug out of the bed that i had added fluid with, and find out that i added a gallon of Supertech(walmart) transmission fluid that specifically says on the back

Do not use this product in transmissions that specify Ford Type F fluid. and guess what my tran dipstick says on it?? TYPE F only!

My ??? is, would that one gallon of the non-specified fluid contaminate the rest of fluid enough to keep it from goin in forward gears???

Old 03-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
No, it wouldn't. Over a couple thousand miles, maybe. But not that quick. The trans was dead before you added the fluid.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
No, Mercon and type F are purdy close to start with so thats not your root cause.

Runnin' it low on fluid would...

Adrianspeeder

Old 03-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys.

Guess its time for a C6.

Quick Reply: C4/5 Question