4.6 Trans shifting hard

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4.6 Trans shifting hard

I have a 2005 f150 with the 4.6. Ive towed a couple times and its done this and gone away. But now it wont go away. I towed a mustang last week and now my trans is shifting hard from a 30 mph idle when I hit the gas again. It also shifts really hard from drive to park, park to drive and into and out of reverse even at a complete stop. I dont run it hard and never tow more then 5k with the OD off. Plenty off fluid and it was rebuilt by ford at 32k miles and it only is at 44k right now. Im buying an EDGE Evo when I get my tax money back and hopin that will solve the problem cause I really cant afford to buy a trans. Any ideas?

Old 02-12-2008, 11:41 PM
take it back to the dealer and tell them they messed something up or go to a tranny shop...is your OD light flashing? is your Check Engine light on?? my slips 1 outta 10 times i go WOT from a dead stop.....and it did the same thing yours did once when i was low on fluid.... take it to ford and see what they say or a tranny shop.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:50 PM
no dumby lights and my od light is not flashing. Im thinking maybe i got some water in the tranny but im not leaking fluid. I think im gonna drain and refill with fresh fluid cause i do a good deal of wheeling. Thats the only other thing i can think of. And I cant take it back to ford and say they messed something up cause the warranty is up. And besides I really dont like fords customer service to begin with. I told them when I took it in and got it fixed the first time that the driver side seat belt latch did not latch right and would just come undone. They tried it and said nothing was wrong with it. But Besides a fluid flush I cant think of anything else other then to tune it and see if that helps. Probably doesnt help that I have 34's on a stock setup.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:49 AM
yeah you prob got mud or something down in the tranny from mudding and wheeling all over the place....take it to a tranny shop let one of there guys drive it around and tranny places most of the time are nicer that ford dealers

Old 02-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A tuner will only intensify your problem!

Phil

Quick Reply: 4.6 Trans shifting hard