Help, tranny problem??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Help, tranny problem??

I am new to the board and I have checked out some other posts on my problem, but I haven't found a good solution.
I have a 1996 F150 XLT, SB, 4x4, 5.8L, 130K miles w/ automatic tranny. I have encountered multiple problems over one night and not sure if there is a major problem that caused it. I had the truck off road (on a washboard road) the other day, it ran fine throughout the day and it sat in the driveway overnight. When I tried to open it the next morning the keyless entry would not work (yes, I changed the batteries in the remote ). I tried the power locks and they will plunge down, however they will not come back up. I can hear the relay clicking behind the right side dash. (not the serious problem right now, just details). THEN, I start the truck and head out this morning and the tranny shifts really hard between all the gears, then the OD light starts flashing and the check engine light is now on. I do have a small oil leak, but I don't see any transmission fluid leaks or signs of leaks.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as to what the problem might be and if all the problems might by related.

Thanks much,
-Mike

Old 06-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
That flashing OD light is a code. You will need to get it read to see what is up.

Look at make sure you didn't crush the pan any. But without knowing what that code is then you might end up chasing your tail for a while.

It may be a damaged wiring harness somewhere too. Look around the oxygen sensor stuff.

Darrin

Old 06-30-2007, 04:05 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
If the CEL is on, you can get those codes read out free at Autozone or Advance Auto.

Quick Reply: Help, tranny problem??