Rear end vibration on 04 f150 suprew crew fx4

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear end vibration on 04 f150 suprew crew fx4

Please Help, Engine Problems, 04 F150 Fx4 Supercrew

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

My truck is a 2004 f150 fx4, super crew.

PLEASE HELP PLEASE!

This is very strange and its a problem I want fixed, considering I just bought this truck and want to drive it . What it is, is a knock on acceleration on when in drive or on while accelerating. If you put the truck in park, and rev it up, there is no knock what so ever. It is slightly there at idle. One thing, if you put it in drive, hold the brake, and gas it up to about 1,000 rpm, it knocks extremly fast, and if you hold the brake, and give it a quick accleration to 1,000 rpm, and left of slowly, it has a couple clicking noise right at decelleration. The real noise is, when you just driving, and you at any speeds are accelearting, there is a pretty loud clicking / knocking noise. We have took the front belt of, to make shure it was no front accesories such as alternator and so on. This problem has me stumpped. I know the sound I am almost positive is coming from the engine. I have tried higher grades of fuels, different oil grades, and even we put lucas oil in one change just to see what happened but no luck still there, so we put regular oil back in it. Thats problem one #1.

Problem #2.
When you're in drive, and at a stop, you slowly accelarate to get up to speed, and between 0-5 mph it has a vibration, almost seems like its the rearend just shaking pretty bad, but the rearend has oil. We did chnage the rear wheel seals because of a leak that I had.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:54 PM
I have not heard of this problem... or rather I'm not sure of your description. How many miles are on this truck? Is the knocking a hard deep knock say like a connecting rod bearing? Does it seem to be coming from the bottom or top of the engine? What weight oil did you use on the oil change? (FORD told me that I MUST use the 5w oil) Because of tolerances and if I use a higher weight oil I WILL DAMAGE the engine. When did the KNOCKING start?

I hope it turns out to be a minor problem... I am just not familar with the problem described. Good Luck! BoB

Old 08-16-2006, 01:48 PM
You have either got a loose, cracked, broken flexplate or a loose torque convertor

Old 08-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe also combine it with clutch slippage in the rear end limited slip - if you have that option...

Old 09-06-2006, 06:47 PM
0-5 mph you may get a small amount of chatter on light accell which comes from the slip yoke and can be serviced with a grease made by ford and works. I personally have done at least a hundred. If the chatter is on harder accell and past 5mph start looking at the cltches in the rear end.

As for your engine noise is it a 4.6 or 5.4?

Old 09-06-2006, 07:46 PM
I hope this gets fixed. Doesn't sound good.

Quick Reply: Rear end vibration on 04 f150 suprew crew fx4