help i am stuck and my 4wd will not engage

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry help i am stuck and my 4wd will not engage

i have a 03 Screw 4x4 and it will not engage into 4high or 4low what should i look for. i checked my front end and the vacume lines are in good shape and all connected WHAT else should look for? the truck is currently stuck in suger sand so i need help quick before i have to call my buddy with a chevy to come pull me out

Old 04-26-2006, 08:57 PM
You will probably have better luck calling your friend to pull you out dude. FIrst off, how did you get to your computer. Secondly, by the time you get a reply on here, you coul dhave already had your truck out and washed.

IS THIS GUY SERIOUS?

Old 04-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlammaJamma
You will probably have better luck calling your friend to pull you out dude. FIrst off, how did you get to your computer. Secondly, by the time you get a reply on here, you coul dhave already had your truck out and washed.

IS THIS GUY SERIOUS?

wireless laptop?

i just pull the lever back into 4 HI
and off i go

after i get out in the mud and lock the front hubs

...zap!

Old 04-26-2006, 09:43 PM
just so you know the truck is stuck in my back yard ,of 40 acres. the truck can and will sit there till the weekend! so yes, i am serious dude. so any advice would be great

Old 04-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Air down the tires!!!! Check to make sure the switch is working properly. Could be a sensor or a vacuum line. Check to make sure the transfer case motor is operating properly...

Old 04-27-2006, 02:42 AM
sinstarone, I've got a 2003 F150 4X4 that had a similar problem and I just got it fixed. I was able to get it into low range, but my front tires wouldn't engage (the transfer case was engaging, though). I, too, thought it was a vacuum leak, but when I brought it in, they said the my front differential shift fork was broken. I'm not entirely sure but I think it's located on top of the front axle on the passenger side of the differential. There should be two vacuum lines going to a diaphram looking thingy and a small rubber boot with lever sticking out of it. I know that sliding that lever one way or the other engages the front axles (I'm not sure which way it was). You might want to try that, or it's tow time with Chevy boy :o

Old 04-27-2006, 03:19 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Simple fix, take off the diaphram linkage where the vac lines hook to and spray wd40 on the linkage and work it in and out until you feel it work free. Then simply reattach the linkage and it will work like new...

Quick Reply: help i am stuck and my 4wd will not engage