Need Help, factory tech seperator plate install problem!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need Help, factory tech seperator plate install problem!!!!!

Hi, I am in the middle of installing my factory tech seperator plate kit. I have a 2001 f-150 with 4r70w transmission. I ordered the c-plate kit but I have 3 stiffener plates instead of two, and the c-plate has no where to bolt the 3rd stiffner plate. What is going on here, I thought I needed the c-plate since my truck was a 2001, from what I understand the b-plate is for 98-2000. Do I need the b-plate kit or is this how its susposed to be and you just discard the 3rd stiffner plate. Any help would be appreciated asap as I have the valve body out and dont want to put it all back togeather if it isn't going to work. Thanks!!!

Old 01-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, I got some info from the guy I bought the kit from and it turns out that I need the b-plate kit even though I have a 2001. So my 2001 F-150 has a pre-01 transmission. I bought the truck new from the dealer and am the only owner. The guy said this is the first time he has heard of an 01 with a pre-01 transmission. Well now I know anything is possible from ford so make sure what you have before you buy the kit. My truck is now in-op until I get the new B-plate shipped to me. Hopefully all this aggrevation will be worth the wait.

Old 01-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by mustangtw5901
Well, I got some info from the guy I bought the kit from and it turns out that I need the b-plate kit even though I have a 2001. So my 2001 F-150 has a pre-01 transmission. I bought the truck new from the dealer and am the only owner. The guy said this is the first time he has heard of an 01 with a pre-01 transmission. Well now I know anything is possible from ford so make sure what you have before you buy the kit. My truck is now in-op until I get the new B-plate shipped to me. Hopefully all this aggrevation will be worth the wait.
Hey Mustang, when you bought the truck did you do a "pre-order" for it before the 2001s were actually released? Thats what I did and when I got the truck is had a rusted driveshaft on it. I refused to accept the truck, so the dealer replaced it and told me that the part must have been from 2000 and the factory was in a rush to build the truck and get it to the dealer...Not sure if this is true, but it kinda makes sense

Old 01-15-2006, 09:11 PM
No, the truck was not a pre-order, if I remember correctly we bought it towards the middle or end of the year.

Old 01-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Update:
Got my new b-plate installed today, everything went smooth except I broke one of the bolts off the center stiffner plate, turns out my torque wrench was overtorquing the bolts, its a discount auto parts torque wrench, so no wonder why its junk. The transmission shifts well, probably could of left the spring out of the 2-3 accumulator though. 1-2 shift is pretty firm. Feels about the same, mabye a little softer, as the superchips programmer stock shift tuning. All I can say is no more soggy shifts, nice and crisp but not neck snapping. I'd say its worth the money and you always will have the option to go back to stock if you want.

Quick Reply: Need Help, factory tech seperator plate install problem!!!!!