Transmission problems please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission problems please help!

hi, guys I hope that you guys have an idea of what its wrong with my buddys truck, the truck its a 99 Lightning the problem is that it will not shift to 2nd gear unless I lift off my foot off the gas, if I go full throtle it just goes to the fuel cut off point and never shifts to 2nd and at part throtle it does the same but as a soon as soon as lift my foot of the gas it shifts, I have tried everything, I have a valvebody from LFP and at first I thought that thats what the problem was so I switched to the stock one and the problem still there, so I tried returning the truck's PCM to stock using my Xcal2 and the problem still there, I even took it to the dealership and the say that the PCM could be bad so they replaced and guess what the problems still there, so now what? I have no idea what to do next, you guys have any ideas? I hope that you can help me out, thanks.

Old 10-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Did you check the 1-2 accumilator

Old 10-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by asinatra
Did you check the 1-2 accumilator
All I have done its the above mentioned, I know this is going to sound dumb but where is the 1-2 acumulator? is it in the valvebody it self or in the trasmission somewere else, I have taken the transmission apart twice today so once more wont be a problem plus I got transmission fluid allover my self anyways :o

Old 10-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Gilberto B
All I have done its the above mentioned, I know this is going to sound dumb but where is the 1-2 acumulator? is it in the valvebody it self or in the trasmission somewere else, I have taken the transmission apart twice today so once more wont be a problem plus I got transmission fluid allover my self anyways :o
After you remove the pan it is located on the front driver side of the transmission held in by a snap ring. I bath in merconV ona regular basis it helps make the skin more water resistant :P
Alan

Old 10-19-2005, 02:52 PM
This being a Lightning, the transmission should be a 4r100, not a 4r70w. The 1-2 accumulator is in the accumulator body, located in front of the main valve body.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Lightning is a 4R100.

Adrianspeeder

Old 10-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Drdexron
This being a Lightning, the transmission should be a 4r100, not a 4r70w. The 1-2 accumulator is in the accumulator body, located in front of the main valve body.
Ok so I know where the valvebody is so the acumulator body is the other big thing that looks like another valvebody but its bigger? and also which one its the 1-2 accumulator? how about the pic below just tell me what to look for thanks alot for the help guys.

Last edited by Gilberto B; 10-19-2005 at 04:53 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 10-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Lightning is a 4R100.

Adrianspeeder
Ah I missed that part now that i went back over it i saw where he said lightning. Well beat me with a wet noodle.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:45 PM
The accumulator body is # 46 in your schematic. It's the smaller valve body toward the front of the transmission. Just make sure all of the valves are free and there are no broken or distorted springs.

Quick Reply: Transmission problems please help!