Something wrong with the trans. shifter!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Something wrong with the trans. shifter!!!

Today when I was parking my truck at work, changing the trans. shifter to reverse and the stick was "free wheel"!!! It didn't change to no shift !!!(P-R-N-D-2-1) stayed at drive. I can not park because It didn't change to reverse. I didn't turn it off, bc at drive only is not possible tu turn it off!!!

What a big problem... I decided to go back to my home without turning the engine off. But suddenly it started to work but now park is in reverse position, reverse is on neutral pos., neutral is in drive .... everything is shifted.

I left the truck in the parking and tonight I will try to fix it.

What I need to know is if there is any hint !!
this happens to anyone on this forum?
Need Help

benjjie

Old 08-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may come a little late, but i have had trouble with the same thing, only not a severe. When i would shift the pointer would be in a certain position, and the actual cable another. I checked under the dash and discovered several loose screws which atach the cable to the shifter linkage. after tightening them up, i had no more problems. The shifter linkage would lock into say, the neutral position, and since the cable wasent firmly attached to the linkage, the tranny would not move from drive.

Hope this helps!!

Quick Reply: Something wrong with the trans. shifter!!!