I Need Auto. Trany.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I Need Auto. Trany.

Anybody out there have a good auto. trany. that would fit my 97 F-150 with 4.2 ?. prefer in oh. or very close. im getting a po755 code. & I had 2 places that drove it & said man its not selinoids, you need overhaul , 1 said he could here the sprags, then he heard pump, then a bunch words i cant even pronounce let alone spell. But i did understand the price. I called Graham Ford , about selinoids for it . They claim 220. bucks. I ask them when they could put them in, thay said thats just for selinoids.

Old 10-04-2004, 12:36 PM
I'm sure I could fix yours. I'm in cincinnati Ohio. I have a transmission that would work with some changes but it would be cheaper to fix yours.
Alan

Old 10-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Question 1997 Tranny for 5.4L

Dirty dog I have a question for you. I've noticed that my truck now idles at a very high rev almost like its on cams or about to shut off. Could this be due to the tranny; the 4WD also malfunctions every now and again, what could eb the cause or causes?

Old 10-04-2004, 06:05 PM
It's more likely that the high Idle is causing the transmission to malfunction. I'd clean the throttle body real good and have the TPS tested. I don't even understand what you said about the transmission. Could hear the sprags? Do yourself a favor and drop the pan off of it. If the pan is full of junk the transmission is wasted. If the Transmission is clean replace the required
solenoid(s).
Might want to try http://www.bulkpart.com and see if they have the solenoids a little cheaper. The most common solenoid to fail it the EPC solenoid. It is located in the case and the linkage has to be partially disassembled to get it out if I recall correctly.
EPC stands for Electronic Pressure Control. It will cause the line pressure of the entire unit to be screwed up. The only thought I have on you being able to hear the sprags is That you probably have the mechanical diode. It will make a clicking sound when you turn the shaft in reverse. That is normal.
Alan

Old 10-07-2004, 10:29 PM
question too dirtydog :

tell me how to get my truck too you , dirtydog. I need this thang fixed thanks

Old 10-07-2004, 10:34 PM
email me at dirtyd0gus@yahoo.com

Alan

Quick Reply: I Need Auto. Trany.