Installed Factorytech valve body: Overdrive light is blinking

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They claimed to have changed the transmission filter. Need to remove the pan for that. I'm sure they just missed it.
I replaced the filter when I did this VB install as well.
It would be a shame not to while the pan was off anyway.

Old 06-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Update

Mike at MadEnterprise was nice enough to loan me a replacement so I could tear this thing apart and reinstall.

Blinking OD LED: There was a plug inside next to the gear selector that did not seat all the way. Make sure you audibly here "click" on both of the plugs. If not, look at the contacts and make sure they are bent in enough to MAKE GOOD contact.

Hard 1-2 shift (vehicle rattling): put the stock springs back in the 1-2 and the 2-3, but with the new valve body. It shifts quick, but not so firm (just how I wanted it). In putting the stock springs back for the 1-2 accumulator, I put the stock brown in in place of the reds and the white one in place of the green. In looking at the acumulator cap, the outside facing direction had white skid marks on it from the white paint, so I went with that direction.

Upshifting: I haven't really whomped on it yet, so I don't know what the upshifts are going to be like.

Whining noise: I don't hear it so far.

How much Mercon V does it take?: Takes 10 quarts.
Put 5 in first. Start it and run through the gears.
Put another 2-3 if still not engaging.
Put in another 2, start it, and run through the gears again. Should be engaging now.
Check it once more and then take it out for a test drive. Easy killer. Let things settle in and then think about whomping on it.

What a F'ing messy project this has been! Ick!! Tranny fluid all over the place, on my hands, face, hair, clothes,,etc

-adam

Last edited by adami67; 06-29-2004 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:25 PM
if they changed the filter, the plastic "lollipop" should have been removed. i work part time at a lube shop, and we use these items to tell us if the pan has ever been dropped on a tranny

it would make absolutely no sense what so ever for the dealership mechanics, techs, part changers, or whatever you wish to call them to leave this piece inside your pan.

Quick Reply: Installed Factorytech valve body: Overdrive light is blinking